Meet up in Bristol

After September’s successful meetup, is anyone interested in a meet-up to practise speaking Welsh on Wednesday 12th October at 7:00pm at the Beaufort Arms, Stoke Gifford (Near Bristol Parkway, details above).
As the numbers are very low at the moment, please say on the forum if you’re going to be there.

It was lovely to meet everyone yesterday evening. I will be there on the 12th.

1 Like

Hi Paul. Yes, I’m planning to join you again.

1 Like

Hi, really sorry, I won’t be able to come tonight after all. Hopefully next month.

1 Like

Coming now - mis remembered time as 7.30
Andrew Dade

1 Like

Hello, I have just found this, are you going to be meeting this November at all?
SIan

How about that for good timing. Yes.

Currently, we’re meeting at 7pm every second Wednesday of the month at the Beaufort Arms in Stoke Gifford.
I.e. the next meeting is Wednesday 9 November 2022.

I’m going to try and come tonight. Is it still on? Diolch!
Sian

Yes, it’s still on.

The next meetup is 7:00pm on Wednesday 14th December at the Beaufort Arms, Stoke Gifford (Near Bristol Parkway, details above).
Please say on the forum if you’re going to be there.
At the November meetup, we decided to use the TV soap, Pobl y cwm, as a fall-back topic of conversation. We’ll be talking about other things of course, so don’t let that put you off.

1 Like

Hi Paul, I won’t be able to make that one. Do you have any on coming up on a weekend at all?

Hi Ben,
weekends aren’t usually convenient for me personally but if anyone else is interested in weekend meet ups then please say so here on the forum.

Hi everyone,
I’m sorry but I can’t make it tonight. (14-Dec-2022). I’ve got an infection and I don’t want to spread it.
I suggest that anyone who’s still interested in having a meet-up tonight should say so here on the forum and maybe it could still happen.

I can’t come either as I am having car nightmares. And I’ve been watching pobl y cwm

1 Like

Sorry I haven’t been to the couple of meetings. I’ll definitely get to the next one>

1 Like

The next meetup is 7:00pm on Wednesday 11th January 2023 at the Beaufort Arms, Stoke Gifford The pub is near Bristol Parkway. Bus stops for routes 73, M1 and Y6 are nearby and it has a car park but remember to put your car registration into their machine on the bar.

1 Like

I’ve put the date in my diary and hope to see you there.

1 Like

The next meetup is 7:00pm on Wednesday 8th February 2023 at the Beaufort Arms, Stoke Gifford The pub is near Bristol Parkway. Bus stops for routes 73, M1 and Y6 are nearby and it has a car park but remember to put your car registration into their machine on the bar.
I’ll put very welsh looking book on the table to help you find me / us.

As the numbers are very low at the moment, please say on the forum if you’re going to be there .
I’m open to suggestions to change the venue if it will increase the numbers but, keep all discussion on the forum please.

Since no-one has said they’re going tonight, there’s no point in me going.

The next meetup is 7:00pm on Wednesday 8th March 2023 at the Beaufort Arms, Stoke Gifford The pub is near Bristol Parkway. Bus stops for routes 73, M1 and Y6 are nearby and it has a car park but remember to put your car registration into their machine on the bar.
I’ll put very welsh looking book on the table to help you find me / us.

As the numbers are very low at the moment, please say on the forum at least 30 mins before the start if you’re going to be there (1) so that I know if it’s worth going myself and (2) to encourage others to go.

I’m open to suggestions to change the venue, time, etc. to increase the numbers but, keep all discussion here on the forum please.