Menter Iaith Events

SCROLL DOWN FOR THE LATEST EVENTS!!

There are several different Menter Iaith groups across Wales that promote event in Welsh. These are often suitable for new Welsh speakers, i.e. people that are still learning the language, so I’ll post them in here. Menter Caerffili has had its own thread for a while, but I might as well put them all in the same place.

Menter Iaith Fflint a Wrecsam

There will be a showing of the film Pride on June 9th at Theatr Clwyd, Y Wyddgrug (Mold), plus a special presentation by Jayne Francis-Headon, daughter of Hefina Headon who was a key character in the film.
Read more and book at: Pride - Menter Iaith Fflint a Wrecsam

Menter Iaith Caerffili

It’s nearly Ffiliffest time again, and Menter Caerffili is looking for volunteers to help out - a great way to use your Welsh and meet others.

2 Likes

Well, I didn’t keep this thread going very well, did I? Let’s see if I can do better in 2019 :smile:

News from Menter Caerdydd

If you’d like to learn, or can already play, the ukelele there are opportunities for you to play with others:

Dysgwyr Ukulele
Bob Nos Lun : Cychwyn 14eg (10 wythnos)
Amser : 7:30 - 9:00
Lleoliad : Chapter, Treganna
Pris: £60

Y Gerddorfa Ukulele
Bob Nos Fercher : Cychwyn 16eg (10 wythnos)
Amser : 7:00 - 9:00
Lleoliad : Chapter, Treganna
Pris: £80

http://bit.ly/oedolionmenter

Or if you fancy a little Pilates in Welsh:

Dosbarth Pilates gyda Mari-Wyn yn gampfa Iechyd Da bob Nos Fawrth am 7:30pm.

Tymor newydd, felly mi fydd y sesiynau yma yn gyfuniad o Yoga a Pilates ar gyfer pob lefel o ffitrwydd.

Rydym yn cynnig y SESIWN CYNTAF AM DDIM ar Nos Fawrth 15fed IONAWR

Bob Nos Fawrth 7:30 - 8:30
Cychwyn : 15fed o Ionawr
Lleoliad: Gampfa Iechyd Da, Treganna
Pris: £60 ( 12 wythnos )

Ewch ar ein gwefan i archebu lle am y cwrs cyfan : https://mentercaerdydd.org/product/pilates/

Neu Ebostiwch : lia@mentercaerdydd.cymru am fwy o wybodaeth am y sesiwn gyntaf :woman_cartwheeling::person_in_lotus_position:‍♂️

And something perhaps a little more gentle for new parents - bring your baby buggy with you!

BYGI HEINI

Cwrs ffitrwydd 6 wythnos ar gyfer rhieni newydd, dan arweiniad cyfeillgar a phrofiadol Cadi Fôn. Peidiwch a phoeni am ofal plant – dewch â’r bygi gyda chi!

6 wythnos
Dydd Mercher 16.01.19 - 20.02.19
11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Caeau Llandaf (Cyfarfod ym maes parcio neuadd y scouts.)

£36.00

Archebwch: https://mentercaerdydd.org/product/bygi-heini-2/

Gwybodaeth: gwenno@mentercaerdydd.cymru

1 Like

From Menter Caerffili

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

Menter Iaith Fflint a Wrecsam -

2 Likes

A word from Mentrau Iaith Cymru -

Mentrau Iaith Cymru language initiatives and the National Center for Learning Welsh have collaborated to create a new logo to promote events and activities ideal for Welsh learners. The ‘Mwynhau’r Gymraeg’ stamp will be used for Mentrau Iaith events suitable for Intermediate and Advances learners from 1st April 2021.

The Mentrau Iaith initiatives work with communities to increase and strengthen the use of the Welsh language. Helping new Welsh speakers to become part of these Welsh speaking communities is an important part of their work, creating opportunities for learners to use Welsh outside of class with local people. Events include Coffi & Chlonc, Peint a Sgwrs, quizzes, book clubs and walking groups.

In 2020 Mentrau Iaith Cymru created a report looking at the different opportunities created by the language initiatives to support new Welsh speakers in their communities. Creating one logo to promote these events was one recommendation so learners are aware which events are suitable for them on their journey.

Daniela Schlick moved from Germany to Wales in 2015 and learning Welsh was very important for her. Daniela now lives and works through the Welsh language every day. Taking part in events like Panad a Sgwrs, going to Merched y Wawr meetings and being part of a choir gave her the confidence to use Welsh outside of the classroom. Daniela is keen to give other learners the opportunity to enjoy Welsh. She does this by volunteering with Menter Iaith Bangor running Peint a Sgwrs evenings for Welsh learners. She says;

“Having the opportunity to use a language is very important to gain confidence. Taking part in different Welsh activities has really helped on my journey of learning Welsh. Recognising which events are suitable for them will help more learners to use their Welsh.”

The National Center for Learning Welsh see the Mentrau Iaith activities as important opportunities for new speakers to strengthen their Welsh skills and to enjoy the language. Helen Prosser, the center’s Director of Teaching and Learning says;

Creating opportunities for learners to practice their Welsh outside of class is a central part of the Centre’s vision to create confident Welsh speakers that use the language in their communities. The new logo, a part of our constructive relationship with the Mentrau Iaith, will help reach even more learners to Welsh language events.”

Timetables for Mentrau Iaith events and activities can be found here.

1 Like

To find out more about Mentrau Iaith, click here -

http://www.mentrauiaith.cymru/amdanom-ni/ein-gwaith/?lang=en

1 Like

1 Like

Missing your Welsh coffee mornings? Here’s a chance to join in an online coffee morning through Zoom!

Join Menter Sir Benfro for a walk keeping to all current Welsh Government rules and guidelines. Advance booking is ESSENTIAL and numbers are limited. (Meet at Fishguard Leisure Centre Car Park).

Joint event with Learn Welsh Pembrokeshire…

If you’re in the Casnewydd (Newport) area, keep an eye on what Menter Iaith Casnewydd have available as activities to meet other learners:

Here’s an example:

If you live in Cardiff, your children go to Welsh medium primary school, and you’d like to keep their Welsh going over the summer, here are some FREE events organised by Menter Caerdydd: