Miwsig newydd! New music!

Hey all,

I know from personal experience and from reading items here that finding new Welsh-language music can be a challenge, as there is simply so much being produced- where do we start and how do we know what is particularly good?

To help solve this I’m putting together a monthly article featuring curated new musc from Pyst, who are a new digital distribution agency.

This month there’s new records by Adwaith, Fleur de Lys, Gwilym, I Fight Lions & Los Blancos.
There’s a Spotify playlist at the bottom of the page which Pyst update weekly.

I’m really interested in people’s thoughts on this item, and what else the community here would like to see on it to help them listen to discover more new music.

Neil

I spotted this yesterday, and have already recommended it to someone. This is a great new feature - I’ll make sure to check it out every month. There’s such great new stuff coming out at the moment.

And if people haven’t found them, I can strongly recommend the playlists curated for Dydd Miwsig Cymru last week - they are divided into styles or situations (like “Dros paned” or “Cyn mynd mas”), and a really good way to get an overview of what’s out there and find a new band that you didn’t know you liked:

Gwych, diolch Sara. Ydy, mae e lot o gerddoriaeth newydd, ond mae’n gallu bod anodd ffeindio popeth yn un lle.
Great, thanks Sara. Yes, there is a lot of new music, but it can be difficult to find everything in one place.

The Dydd Miwsig Cymru playlists are great, thanks for sharing!