Monday Monthly meetings at the Mochyn Du

Rwy’n yma yn barod, bwyta fy nghinio cyn y gwrdd! :slight_smile:

Were any of you there yesterday (10/3/2017) when they were filming for ‘Prynhawn Da’? @faithless78?

Well, I wasn’t as I was at work! We normally visit Y Mochyn Du once a month - usually the first Monday evening of the month. But I do take family there when they come to visit also, so I may be there this weekend when my uncle is over!

Not sure if anyone is going to the Mochyn Du next Monday, 1st, which is a bank holiday, but I know that it is more than likely that I will not be there. We are off to the Parti Penblwydd in Caernarfon and not travelling back until Monday, and may well stop off to see family on the way home.

Please post on here if you are going and be sure to check before you go or you may well be alone!

1 Like

Whoo-hoo!

Next meeting: Monday 7th August. Will anyone be there? Or are you going to the Eisteddfod on Ynys Môn?

We are not heading north until the Wednesday, so will be there, probably to eat as well. Come and join us (Phil and me) for food, or coffee, or a drink and a chat in Welsh. If you have already left Cardiff hopefully we will meet you on the Maes.

1 Like

As it stands, I have a 4pm finish at work, and it is unlikely I will do overtime past 8:30pm, so I will come along after work. May have something to eat there too actually… :slight_smile:

EDIT: Just checked my schedule, I actually do finish around 8:30pm in town so I’ll come along just after I finish - should take me 10 mins to walk to Y Mochyn Du!

1 Like

Look forward to seeing you Gav!

1 Like

Hi - I’ll try and make it tomorrow

Tom

1 Like

I’m hoping to attend tonight. Where will people be sat?

Hello, just got in, we are near the corner to left if entrance, on slightly raised bit…

Hello Sam. Sorry you didn’t make it tonight. We will not be meeting now until November. With Phil and I away and Gav unsure of his work commitments, we decided to suspend the meetings for 2 months. We will also have to consider what to do in January, when the Mochyn Du will close and cease to be! It will re-open, having been rebranded it seems as Bragdy a Chegin, a microbrewery, and says it will keep its Welsh identity, but we will need at least a temporary meeting place for January and maybe February.

I will ask Dee to put this in the next newsletter too. Don’t forget that there is a weekly meeting in Chapter on a Monday night too. Please check this, as I am not sure if they close for the summer.

1 Like

I know it’s in town and slightly harder to get to but what about the Hen Lyfrgell?

That would be fantastic for us - just a 15 minute walk - but unfortunately it closes at 4 pm!

Ahhhh…that’s a slight issue…canna deli is a bit small isn’t it?

I don’t know it, but generally these last few meetings we have not been more than 6.

1 Like

Just realised that I won’t be able to go to our last meet-up in the Mochyn Du before it closes and is rebranded. Monday 4th December I will be in France to visit some friends. And I know that when I open my mouth to say something in French (of which I know very little - I failed my O level 3 times!!) out will come Cymraeg!!

One place that I suggested we meet-up in January and February, the Cayo Arms, has closed and is up for sale. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Gav, are you able to go in December? Anyone who is thinking of going please post on here to make sure you will have company!

I know it is my mid-week at work that week, only I don’t yet have an actual shift. So if I have a finish before 7pm I will probably go along, if only for something to eat (like this month!). If I can’t go then I’ll post here to say I can’t make it either. But for now, I will be going!

I’m planning to start coming again. Is the mochyn du closing for a bit? Pity llaeth a siwgr isn’t open in the evenings!

1 Like

It is, in the new year. It will be reopening as a Brewhouse and Kitchen microbrewery bar, only it will be called ‘Bragdy a Chegin’ to keep the Welsh language theme with the place. Apparently, the new owners are running the pub now.

http://www.brewhouseandkitchen.com/venue/cardiff/

1 Like