Mr Lonely in Stoke on Trent/Staffordshire

Anybody near me (actually Newcastle Under Lyme) wants to get a group going? Just started at the grand age of 64 to finally learn my own language (born Caerdydd). Could do with being able to practice speaking rather than just listening and reading.

1 Like

Excellent idea! :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

As for practicing speaking, I don’t know anything about your area, if you want to meet in person.

But I can tell for sure that there are a lot of opportunities to chat on-line with learners and speakers in Wales, England and all over the world!

If you’re interested I (and others in the forum) can certainly provide a few links!

That would be great, please. Bearing in mind that I’m very much the raw beginner and making notes of almost every word I hear. Thanks.

No need to be lonely @barry-milford!! If you don’t find anything in Staffordshire, I’m sure you 'll be welcome over the border in Derbyshire :slight_smile: http://derbywelshlearnerscircle.blogspot.com/

Thanks for the offer. You never know…

1 Like

Speaking of online speaking practice opportunities, one is this:

Then there are chat groups at various levels organized by several different official or independent organizations.

But before trying to find do you have any preferences for gogledd or de accent?

Shwmae Barry! I live in the May Bank area if you ever fancy a brief welsh conversation. I’m very much a learner myself but I will give it my best go.

1 Like

I’ll pop a note in next week’s newsletter and see if we can find anyone that way :slight_smile: