New Year's Resolution - Aged Dragon's Quest!

Guess what? I’ve started answering the questions instead of repeating them! Oh well, plough on, stuff sticks, it just sticks on the way out as well! :laughing:
Diolch yn fawr am hynny! 1.16 wedi gorffen! 1.17 to come!

2 Likes

Done 1.17 started OK got sticky in the middle then OK again! As I do not drink, much not really ‘me’! I have no objection to alcohol, just lost the taste for it!

2 Likes

I’m still waiting for the recording :slight_smile:

1 Like

Patience is a virtue!

2 Likes

Which I don’t have :wink:

The saying says, “Seldom in a woman, never in a man!” so you are typical. ( am having trouble recording anything and then adding to it. Unless I am inspired to long thoughts yn Gymraeg, you will not get much!

Wel dwi wedi derbyn dy neges a hefyd dwi newydd anfon fy ymateb. Dwi’n gobeithio bo’ ti’n medru agor yr atodiad.

Ond llongyfarchiadau, ti’n gwneud yn arbennig o dda. Dau ar bymtheg gwers yn barod. Gwych. Wnei di ddechrau cofio popeth yn fuan a felly dwi’n edrych ymlaen at dy glywed di eto. Efallai byddet ti’n licio trio skype hefyd. Wastad yn hapus i siarad efo chdi, dwi’n addo.

Well I have received your message and I’ve just sent my response. I hope you can open the attachment.

Congratulations, you’re doing very well. Seventeen lessons aready. Great. you will start remembering everything soon and so I’m looking forward to hear you again. Maybe you’d like to try skype too. Always happy to speak with you, I promise.

2 Likes

Diolch yn fawr iawn!
@Pete2 ac @aran 1.18 done. Hope I’ll find time for 1.19 yfory. It was tight heddiw!

1 Like

I think you should consider coming to mini bwtcamp in may!

Pete bach, it is all I can do to get five miles in a friend’s car, my lungs are not up to anything over a tiny shuffle to the car and out at the Post Office! Noway could I get to Bootcamp or take proper part! Mae’n ddrwg,gen i!

Train jac, train. You get to chester or liverpool, and i’ll do the rest!

1 Like

1 mae’n amhosibl! No way! Health not up to travel. Unless you have access to transporter from Starship!
2. Finished 1.19 I suppose, lots of mistakes, mainly due to lack of concentration! Need Cyw on at same time to entertain Toffi!

1 Like

Maemn ddrwg gen i. Do’n i ddim yn gwybod hynny.

But well done forgetting to 1.19 so quickly :=)

Diolch! I read that wrong at first - forgetting 1.19 so quickly!!! (Mind, I probably shall!)

1 Like

Lol. ooops i did of course mean for getting…

Congratulations!

You’re overtaking me now, I’m slightly envious :slight_smile: Dal ati!

2 Likes

Proud of you, @henddraig, you’re doing great! Dal ati! :star: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You haven’t heard my stuttering, mistakes and south Walian imports!

Ditto!! I am bashing on but making no claims for the effectiveness of my exposure to the Challenges! 1.20 heddiw! Does that mean the Listening practices get even quicker?? Is that even possible??? :wink:

4 Likes

I’m already speaking an unholy mixture of North, South, and anything else Welsh, depending on where I picked up a phrase or what pops into my head first! So far be it from me to complain about south Walian imports – nobody’s going to be checking your speech with a “gog-o-meter” to determine whether it’s “pure” enough! It’s all Welsh :slight_smile:

And Aran doesn’t even speak exactly like a WJEC “Northern” course after all. (There’s “Northern” and there’s “Northern!” Not everyone says dŵad, for example.)

As for mistakes, I make my fair share as well! I’ve just refused to let myself be discouraged, thanks to Aran’s frequent encouraging remarks during the lessons that mistakes are good for you, if you can get out something before Catrin most (not necessarily all!) of the time you can move on, and so on.

It seem that you are similarly optimistic, which is great! Dal ati!

4 Likes

I admit to being shocked when I heard certain southernisms from Aran! I try to go by what Catrin says, as far as accent goes! However, I do realise accent is accent and sounding de or gog isn’t a crime! Mixed up idioms is a bit naughtier!! Lets face it, I have been taken for - French, Belgian, Yorks, American, Cardiffian (fortunately not by a Jack)…and just ‘has a rough edge to her tongue’! (the last of these, when at an all-girls Grammar, got me Bolingbroke (which I wanted) instead of aged York, which I did not!)