Northern Luxury Bootcamp - 17th to 24th April 2015

You can do those while I get on with baking :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Now, whereā€™s that Dislike button?

1 Like

Anyone whoā€™s been before: How well equipped is the kitchen? Should we bring mixing bowls etc. with us if we plan on using them?

The kitchen is pretty well equipped, but we live 5 minutes down the road, so if thereā€™s any bowl or utensil you crave, I have every kitchen gadget under the sun, as well as an impressive range of Pyrex, so donā€™t carry stuff with you. :wink:

3 Likes

By the way, Iā€™m very close to making ā€˜singing whilst you cookā€™ a new Bootcamp ruleā€¦ :wink:

2 Likes

:scream:

2 Likes

Awesome, thanks @CatrinLliarJones :smile:

I think this is an excellent idea :smiley: (Sorry @aran :stuck_out_tongue: )

So youā€™ll need someone for ā€˜listening while they eatā€™. I knew I had a calling in this life.

3 Likes

She really really isnā€™t. I donā€™t know what weā€™ve done to make her hate us so.

1 Like

ooh, tap! If the bootcampers do get to Caernarfon (where I live/work), Iā€™d be happy to give you a few tips - Iā€™ve been tapping for over 30 years! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Gwych @siaronjames! Iā€™m sure thereā€™ll be a visit to Caernarfon at some point during the week. I would actually pay to see @gruntius tap dancingā€¦ :wink:

4 Likes

Sunday eveningā€™s activity has been confirmed. Youā€™ll be coming with me to choir practice Capel Nebo in Y Rhiw! I belong to a small and fairly new unisex choir called Alawon LlÅ·n. We meet in Y Rhiw village (above Porth Neigwl) every Sunday evening under the experienced and talented guidance of Alaw Tecwyn - youā€™ll find her on YouTube.

The choir are looking forward to welcoming you to listen and join in our Sunday evening session. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™ve just discovered that there are hundreds of post while Iā€™ve been away from my computer for a week!

Catrin - I think there were plenty of tea-towels. Can you add clingfilm to the list, as we often had leftovers to cover. Good ground coffee for breakfast will make me very happy (and more awakeā€¦)

Having the childrenā€™s books in the house was great last year - and the games too! Did you have some songs books too. I bought 3 books last year, but they are all pretty big, so not keen to bring on the train. Might choose a few that we could sing, and make some copies of each. Depends how much time I haveā€¦

Looking forward to seeing everyone in 10 days!

3 Likes

Is there any vocab thatā€™d be useful to learn before heading out?

Last year when I arrived at bootcamp I had nearly finished Course 2. When I got back home I did some work on the Course 2 vocab lessons - and I really wished Iā€™d been able to do them before heading off!

Me joining in with singing? Now thereā€™s a decision theyā€™ll live to regret :smile:

Eek. Eek eek eek!

Diolch. Iā€™ve done those, although approximately none of it has stuck!

2 Likes

Revisit 10 :sunny:

I was the same with those. I still struggle with large chunks of it. Think about how much you know, not what you donā€™t know. You donā€™t know what you donā€™t know so not knowing that you donā€™t know means you know ā€¦ hang on, I lost where I am, never mind.

5 Likes

ooooo - thatā€™d be awesome - thank you :smiley:

I get to have a choir fix too? Result!! :smiley:

3 Likes

Iā€™ve also been tapping (26 years) and, although Iā€™m a little out of practice these days, still enjoy it immensely. I tap on anything and everything wherever I am, much to the annoyance of friends, family and work colleagues. I would love to swap drumming chops with you, we can talk paradiddles, flams and ratamacues till the cows come home.

Edited to add ā€¦ Ok, someone just told me you may have meant tap dancing, oh how embarrassing. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Anyway, sorry, Iā€™d be up for that. :sunglasses:

Singing, however, is very uncomfortable for me. You really donā€™t want to put yourselves through that. Iā€™ll be at the back with wondersheep (sorry, is it Kev?).

1 Like

hehehe - well I donā€™t play drums per se, but I do play lots of other percussion instruments - so I do tap with my hands/sticks as well as with my (tap-dancing) feet! we have paradiddles in tap dancing too - we can compare rhythms! :wink:

2 Likes