Northern luxury bootcamp 2016

Thanks for your really kind words Rob, they really make a massive difference to my confidence. May our journey continue. :blush:

4 Likes

Croeso mêt. Dim problem

1 Like

It’s funny, since getting home I’ve had Radio Cymru on much more often, and I now find that it’s enjoyable in its own right, no longer an excercise in desparately hoping to understand something, anything! It’s now more like having Radio 4 on in the background. These listening sessions that Aran got us to do must have paid off.

9 Likes

[virulent attack of smugness]

:star2: :star:

3 Likes

Awwwww - sweet! :blush: Thanks Unc :wink:

2 Likes

Just spotted this. We must book on the same bootcamp one day - bring your sparring gear! :grinning:

3 Likes

Yes to this, sort it out. I need to be on the same bootcanp, I HAVE to watch Kev (@wondersheep) getting his butt kicked. :joy:

2 Likes

Where’s that DISLIKE button?

4 Likes

It wasn’t a threat! Just a friendly invitation to some fun kicking and punching with a fellow member of the TKD family. I spar with a smile on my face (and often a foot in my face too!)

2 Likes

Are there any plans in the immediate future to restart the northern bootcamps? I’m off to nant gwrtheryn next week (which I cannot wait for as I’ve been wanting to go for years!) but would definitely want to come to a northern bootcamp (i’ve nothing against the southern ones, just the northern one would be easier as my partner has family in Caernarfon etc - I do plan to come to Tresaith in the future at some point, though!)

Diolch i chi gyd

1 Like

Our arms have been twisted a few times recently… so it might be tricky for us to skive off next year as well… make sure you’re on the weekly email, and that way you’ll definitely get to hear in advance… :slight_smile:

1 Like

If I’m learning from the Southern version is this going to blow my mind more than would otherwise be the case.
Would you recommend getting to a particular stage of the SSiW lessons before considering attending a mind expanding, brain crushing Boot Camp ?
Diolch, Gareth

Hi Gareth. South/North doesn’t much matter on a Bootcamp, there’s usually a mix of the two and there’s not that big a difference anyway. Once you get used to the Northerners using the wrong word for a couple of things like “his”, “want” and “milk”, you’ll be fine :wink:
It’s usually the end of the first level that’s required for a Bootcamp (first 25 lessons), although whether that changes with the plethora of new ways of doing the courses (6mins/day etc.) I do not know.

2 Likes

By “wrong word” Kev really means the Welsh word. :wink:

At one of the first n. bŵtcamps we wrote a list of all the different words between n. and s. … it was a long list but even though there are lots of differences it didn’t really make a difference to understanding. Embrace the differences and enjoy.

1 Like

Many thanks for the info. I’m presently doing the 6min course but with the other things I’m doing to supplement it I feel I’m in a good place. Having said that, I’m a fair way from the 25th lesson at the moment. As a number of respondents have said they’re going for the 2nd/3rd times I feel I need to be patient. I don’t feel i have sufficient ability to participate in the netmeetings yet either.
Here’s to perseverance.
Gareth

Are there any dates for a northern bwtcamp or is it just a case of keep my eyes peeled?
Thanks!

Keep your eyes peeled. Nothing planned yet but you never know.

1 Like

Hi @nia.llywelyn @Deborah-SSi @Iestyn @aran, I know you’re really busy with a Bwtcamp right now, but if there was any chance of a northern Bwtcamp next year both myself and @CaroleB would like to put our names down, please! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Have a look at the following thread for more clarity on the Northern Bootcamp situation. :blush:

1 Like

Thank you Catrin! :slight_smile:

1 Like