Oxford SSiW - additional meetups?

Hi John and JP
Hubby now says it’s fine to come back from y Gogledd on friday 24th so I am still up for Sat 25th if anyone else is. Sorry to mess you about date-wise. Suggest meeting at the Oxford Botanic Gdn some time late morning?

Diolch @carungo - yes, there should be at least the three of us on Sat 25th June. Let’s stick with our usual time of 12 noon to meet up (if that causes problems for someone, do let us know) - we can meet at the entrance to the Botanic Garden (I’ll post more detailed directions later)
Hwyl, John

2 Likes

First, a reminder that next Saturday, 25th June, there will be sgwrs plus a picnic (if you remember to bring somethign to eat!) in the Oxford Botanic Garden, and if there’s time we’ll go on to explore some of Oxford’s green spaces. If it’s raining Plan B, after meeting up at the Botanic Garden, is to visit the Natural History/Pitt Rivers Museums in Parks Road instead. All are welcome, so do come along if you can make it.
We’ll be meeting at 12 noon at the entrance to the garden:

The garden is about 20 mins walk from the rail station, the nearest bus stop is ‘Queen’s Lane’ in the High Street, and the nearest car park is the St Clement’s car park; admission is £5 (concessions £3.50). Let us know if you’re planning to join us so that we can keep an eye open for you
Hwyl, John

2 Likes

Diolch, John, wela di yna, 12 noon.
Caroline

A quick reminder that at 12 noon tomorrow, Sat 25th June, there’ll be a meetup at the Oxford Botanic Garden (see above for details) - all welcome, as always
Hwyl, John

2 Likes

So far we haven’t arranged any additional meetups for July but it might still be possible to arrange something for one day this weekend (18/19 July) or the next - let me know if you might be interested.
However, from the end of the month is the Eisteddfod Genedlaethol 2016: https://eisteddfod.wales/2016-information - there’s already, of course, the SSiW thread about possible meetups (with Friday and Wednesday mooted):
https://forum.saysomethingin.com/t/any-ssiw-meetup-at-the-national-eisteddfod-2016
but for people going from the Oxford area maybe we could fix on a day to meet up in Maes D (learners’ area), hopefully meeting up with other SSiW’ers there as well - all suggestions welcome!
Hwyl, John

2 Likes

I’m still trying to work out when I will be there, at the moment it’s looking like Monday & Wednesday. Looking forward to a catch up with you & everyone there!

Gwych! Either of those days should be fine for me - let’s see how other people are fixed

1 Like

I’ll be there Sun eve for the Cymanfa Ganu and on Monday all day and at the Coroni’r Bardd,( our seats are in Bloc 4 row 5. 79 to 81) Or perhaps catch you at Maes D during the day of Monday 12 noon ish? Looking forward to hearing about Skenfrith, Pippa, ges i 'n genu yn Abergavenny ac on i’n magu yn Fynwy.
Ta ra !

I’ll do my best to find you in Maes D at midday. We’re in Bloc 4 too, 69 & 70 so I’m sure I’ll spot you. Pippa

Helo @pippapritchard @carungo I’ll be there on Monday as well so will hope to see you then in Maes D and/or the Pafiliwn (I’ll be inBloc 4 13 81)
Hwyl fawr, John

1 Like

That’s good news. Dwi’n cyfri cysgau!

Time perhaps to start thinking about possibilities for our next crwydro+sgwrs once the summer holiday period is over in September. A walk in Wytham Wood is always a good bet, but there are plenty of other possibilities, so all suggestions welcome - and suggested dates also (the first weekend in September is out for me but I could probably fit in with a Saturday/Sunday later that month)
Hwyl, John

1 Like

Hello - I am a Welsh learner based in Oxford who would love to meet up with other learners. Please can you keep me posted.

Diolch!

Karin, i’m sure john Williams will comment as soon as he see’s your post.
Oxford needs new members (any more out there are very welcome).

J.W. i think i can make the first of October, maybe a new member would like to meet in town
with the possibility of walking up the Thames to a pub. (just a suggestion).

Cheers J.P.

1 Like

Hello Karin - Always delighted to welcome new people to the learners group in Oxford.
How are you placed re @ramblingjohn’s idea for a walk+sgwrs on Sat 1st October?[quote=“ramblingjohn, post:255, topic:1880”]
J.W. i think i can make the first of October, maybe a new member would like to meet in town with the possibility of walking up the Thames to a pub. (just a suggestion)
[/quote]
We usually try to arrange a walk etc each month and we’re always open to new ideas, so do let me know if you’d like to suggest other walks or other activities which could give us the opportunity to practice some Cymraeg.

If you’ve spotted the the 'Oxford Welsh learners group’ thread (https://forum.saysomethingin.com/t/oxford-welsh-learners-group/675/180 ), you’ll have seen that we also try to meet up weekly in the Jericho Cafe in Walton St. We’ve been thinking of possibly moving these weekly meetups from Tuesday to Wednesday or Thursday, and maybe trying a more central location, so your post is very timely! If you’d like to come along, let me know which days work for you so we can try and come up with a day which is convenient for most people. Let me know if you’ve any questions
Hwyl fawr, John

1 Like

Hello - thanks for getting back to me. I can’t do the 1st but am up for The Jericho Cafe from next week. Any of those days suit at the moment.

Karin

1 Like

That’s great - I’ll let you know as soon as I can whether the meetup’s going to be Wednesday or Thursday next week
Hwyl, John

1 Like

Helo Karin - still waiting for confirmation from a couple of other people, but rather than hang on any longer shall we settle on Wednesday next week for the Jericho Cafe meetup if that’s still good for you? Failing Wednesday, Thursday looks to be a better bet than Tuesday
Hwyl, John

1 Like

Hello Karin - well, as luck would have it, I’ve just heard back from Richard who says a meetup next week on Thursday works better for him. If that day still suits you, let’s go for Thursday, then.
Hwyl, John

1 Like