Oxford walks

Diolch @Betterlatethan a da iawn! :slightly_smiling_face:

See you at Radley station at half past one!

2 Likes

Sorry I won’t be able to make walk this afternoon. Hope you all have a good time! Hwyl Bethan.

1 Like

I had an enjoyable afternoon walking through Radley in the company of @johnwilliams_6 and @Betterlatethan. Thank you both for your patience with my simple sentences, and for accepting the ‘ti’ forms when I don’t know the ‘chi’ … I was impressed how far we got without slipping into English.

3 Likes

Yes, it was a good afternoon diolch both!
As for ti’ing vs chi’ing, in fact I’d much prefer people to use ti with me :slightly_smiling_face: - and anyway, we’re all equal under the SSiW sun! :sunny:

2 Likes

I thoroughly enjoyed that too. There was less mud than I feared, and there were some good fungi. I am happy with ‘ti’ and with simple sentences. There is a better chance that I will understand.
Sue

2 Likes

A quick bump for the walk on Sat 9th Nov. The plan is to start at midday by the Trout Inn next to the Thames a short distance from Wolvercote (Port Meadow car park and buses from Oxford) and then head off to walk around Wytham Wood and back via Wytham village (pub and teashop). There should be plenty of ffwng on show and hopefully some good autumn colour. Do let me know beforehand, though, if you’re planning to come along! :slightly_smiling_face:
Hwyl, John

2 Likes

I’m planning to come on this walk! Bethan

1 Like

I can’t make the walk – going to grandparents near Caer Loyw for fireworks, I’m afraid.

1 Like

Another quick bump for Saturday’s walk :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m not sure about coming on this walk if the weather is bad! Forecast for tomorrow afternoon is rain… :frowning: Bethan

Yes, it doesn’t look very promising does it :frowning:
The forecast for the following day is much better though - would you be able to make it if we changed it to Sunday?

1 Like

Yes I could make Sunday! How long is the walk ? ( I was tired yesterday after 3.5 miles!!) Bethan

We could cut it short a bit, but I think probably 4 to 5 miles is the shortest we could make it.
An alternative could be Port Meadow where we coul dmake it a shorter walk. The only other person who’s said they’re planning to come is Linda who’s one of the MK group bu tjoins us sometimes for walks - I’ll check with her what she thinks :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Helo pawb - heavy rain is forecast for later today (Sat 9th), so we’ve postponed the walk until tomorrow, Sun 10th Nov, for which the forecast is quite reasonable at the moment.

Also, the walk may be Port Meadow rather than Wytham Wood so, instead of outside The Trout Inn, we’ll be meeting in the Port Meadow car park (between Wolvercote village and The Trout) with the route to be decided on according to what people want to do on the day. :slightly_smiling_face:

Do please let me know if you’re thinking of joining us or have any questions :slightly_smiling_face:
Hwyl, John

1 Like

Looking forward to joining you for this walk at midday tomorrow! :):smile: Hwyl Bethan

1 Like

That’s meant to be a happy face!

1 Like

PS There’ll be only a light breeze, but it’s coming from the NE over damp ground, so do remember to wrap up warm! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you John for your company a ’ scwrs ddiddorol’ on this lovely afternoon walking through the very wet Port Meadow, following yesterday’s rain. Hwyl Bethan

1 Like

Diolch i ti Bethan! I enjoyed it - it was a good day despite the imminent prospect of Port Meadow turning into Port Lake! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like