Booking: Tresaith Bootcamp July 2015

Booking is open for the July bootcamp, which runs from 4pm Saturday 25th July to 10am Saturday 1st August.

Cost is £260. We are not certain of running until there are 6
people signed up (to cover our costs), but we shall keep a close eye,
and keep you updated on how many places there are left.

Here is the link for booking: https://v1.bookwhen.com/he4qc/201507250000/zau

There are still 6 places left on this bootcamp

Please remember the following bootcamp conditions:

1. Bootcamp payments are, generally speaking, not refundable. Your money will, of course be refunded in full if we cancel the bootcamp, but if you
    pull out, we reserve the right not to return anything. This is
    especially true if you pull out close to the date, making it difficult
    to fill your place. Please make sure that you are definitely wanting to
    come on bootcamp, and please take out holiday insurance (yes, this is a
    holiday!) to cover your costs in the event of a change of circumstance.

2. No language except Welsh is allowed during bootcamp. There is a
    time for orientation at the start and an introduction in English, so
    that we all start on the same page, but after that you will not speak
    English (or any language other than Welsh) until the following Saturday.

3. Bootcamp is for people who have completed the material in course
    1, including the vocab lessons. If you are a non-SSiWer, then please do
    lesson 25 (south) or 26 (north), and vocab unit 10, and if you can’t
    keep up, then fly through the course to give yourself a chance at
    bootcamp.

4. Bootcamp is one of the most frightening, rewarding, tiring, exhilirating experiences you will ever take part in. If you
    throw
    yourself in, you will end the week as a Welsh speaker. If you are half
    hearted, you will probably not enjoy the experience, and you certainly
    won’t get the most out of it. Please be committed!!!

5. That’s all sounded a bit serious… Bootcamp is a holiday in one
    of the most beautiful parts of Wales (and thus, the world). You will
    spend a week with lovely people, visiting lovely places, and doing
    interesting things. You will have fun, and go home with beautiful
    memories that will last you a life time, and firm friendships that will
    take your Welsh to a new level. Come on holiday, and go home a Welsh
    speaker - how’s that for a bargain?!!!

Let us know below when you book, and if you have any questions.

That link again: https://v1.bookwhen.com/he4qc/201507250000/zau

I have booked Iestyn. Its my 60th birthday on Bootcamp this year so the drinks are on me!

3 Likes

Excellent - another bootcamp birthday! We enjoy them!

Looking forward to seeing you there.

Iestyn

Really looking forward to another Bootcamp. My second!!! Can’t wait to meet you all!

You’re only a lad Maynard, I can give you a good few years!

This will be my first boot-camp and I’m looking forward to it with a degree of trepidation, but comforted by the fact that it’s almost six months away, giving me time to get more practice in.

I’m amazed I dropped lucky for this one as I tried to get on one of the earlier ones, without success, but I went onto the forum on Thursday, saw it advertised there, put my name down and, to my surprise, got lucky. Being in the right place at the right time is what it’s all about I suppose.

1 Like

This will also be my first bootcamp. I’m very excited by it and very much looking forward to it :smile:
I’m not quite sure how to get there though. I’ll be flying in from Brussels or Amsterdam, but I don’t know how to go from there yet. So if anyone has any suggestions, that would be great :smile:

1 Like

Hi Iestyn

I am booked into the April Tresaith boot camp but have found out I am working that week as it is the week before Machynlleth Comedy festival - my dates now clash. Is there a chance I could swap to the July camp? Or another?

thanks
kate

Hi Iestyn,

Os bydd kateackroyd yn symud i mis Gorfennaf fydd le i fi ym mis Ebrill?

Diolch,

Hi @kateackroyd!

The July bootcamp is now full, unfortunately, but there are still 2 places left for June, and the September date will be released soon.

There is one name on the waiting list for July already, but I haven’t yet contacted her about changing month or waiting to see.

If soneone is taking your palce in April, of course, then you will receive a full refund, so don’t be afraid of losing your money.

@margaretnock, at the moment, there is no waiting list for April, so you would be welcome to take Kate’s place if she has to pull out.

Thank you Iestyn. If you can let me know if Kate withdraws I’ll pay by the usual way for her April place.

I think June would be fine for me - not absolutely sure of the dates though. Hopefully working in machynlleth will give plenty of welsh speaking opportunity as dw i newydd ddechrau dysgu Cymraeg a bydda i’n ymarfer a mwynhau fo mwy.

Diolch
Kate

Hêlo pawb,

Dw i’n wedi bwcio ar y bootcamp’ma (mis Gorffennaf). Dw i’n edrych ymlaen at gymryd rhan yn y holl brofiad (tro cynta)!

Really looking forward to my first bootcamp and meeting you all. I will be driving down from Lancashire - happy to give a lift to any bootcampers on route (Lancashire, Cheshire, Wrexham, Newtown etc).

Hwyl,

Jon

1 Like

Hi Iestyn. I’m somwhat confused as I’ve just added my name to the April waiting list. I’m 4th, it appears. Pob lwc to whoever does go, but if there is space for me I’d love to pay to confirm it.

Hi Jon,

I’ve been looking at some options to get to Tresaith. As I’m flying in from Belgium (or the Netherlands) a lift would be ideal, really. One of the options would be to fly from Amsterdam to Birmingham and then take a train into Wales. I saw that there are trains to Aberystwyth that have a stop in Newtown. So, if you’d be willing to pick me up in Newtown, I’d be very grateful.

Hwyl

Bie.

I have another question. When the week is over, I’m thinking of travelling on to Ireland to visit my children who will be on holiday in West Cork with my parents. So, would anyone be able and willing to give me a lift to Carmarthen, Swansea or Cardiff or any place where I can take a train to Bristol? Thanks in advance!

Hwyl

Bie.

Hi Bie,

That will be fine - just let me know your timings when you have them and I’ll arrange to pick you up at Newtown sometime on the Saturday. I think it’s another two hours or so by road from Newtown to Tresaith.

Hwyl,

Jon

Diolch yn fawr iawn, Jon! I’ll let you know as soon as I know more.

As for the travelling on to Ireland, I’ve seen that there’s direct flights from Birmingham to Cork as well, so I think I might do that instead of going through Bristol.

Hwyl,

Bie

Oh, right - sorry about that, Margaret. I used to see a list if there was a waiting list, but I can;t seem to find one now, so I didn’t even realise there was one.

From the instructions, I think that if I cancel an attendee, then everyone on the waiting list gets an email, and it’s first come first serve.

But ost importantly, @kateackroyd - are you definitely cancellin, so I can release your place and sort out a place in June? Remember there are only 2 places left in June at the moment, so we’ll need to move quickly!

Hi Iestyn

Sorry - I thought I had answered but maybe have not quite yet got the hang of the forum. Anyway I would definitely like to cancel my April booking and swap it for a June one.

Many thanks
Kate

soon be July … looking forward to a good week at Tresaith. I’ll be in Aberystwyth week before that helping to erect tents for a youth camp. Anyone around ?