Oxford Welsh learners group

Unfortunately I will unexpectedly be unable to make it to cafe Bap tomorrow morning. Sorry, however I will be at the party on Saturday. Looking forward to it. Hwyl Bethan

1 Like

Hi @bethan-williams-1, I’m sorry that you can’t make it. I enjoyed Wednesday’s chat. Enjoy the party!
I expect to be at Cafe Bap tomorrow.
Sue

1 Like

Helo pawb - next week’s meetups will follow the usual pattern

• Wednesday morning, 12 June from 10:30am in the King’s Arms, Holywell Street
  • Wednesday evening 12 June 8.30pm in James Street Tavern , James St., East Oxford (but best to check first with @s-coates1 on this one)
  • Friday morning, 14 June from 10:30am in Café Bap, Abingdon Rd

I won’t be able to make it on Friday though, so please do post a message if you’re planning to be there
Hwyl, John

I hope that those of you who went to the garden party had a good time and that the weather was not too bad. It was wet and windy in Birmingham.
On Friday I didn’t have the right words to thank Mike properly for the Welshcakes. @johnwilliams_6, if you are likely to be in touch with Mike, would you please tell him that they were greatly appreciated? If they appear on the menu again then I would happily buy a couple.
I expect to be in the King’s Arms on Wednesday. I am not quite sure about Friday yet. I must check my shop duties, but I hope to be there.
Sue

Yes, of course, Sue - I’ll let Mike know
We had an enjoyable time at the garden party - @bethan-williams-1 @RichardBuck Clive and Richard Williams all made it and we were very lucky with the weather - the garden was reasonably sheltered from the wind and after the morning rain it had brightened up to give a mostly sunny afternoon.
See you on Wednesday!

1 Like

Just to say this month’s walk will be on Sat 29th - more info here:
https://forum.saysomethingin.com/t/oxford-walks/7540/258
Hwyl, John

Quick question: is anyone signed up to Slack apart from @cat-1 @rebecca and me :slightly_smiling_face: :question:

I am but rarely use it - I find the lag and poor sound quality quite distracting. But were you asking with something other than hangouts in mind?

Not really - just investigating the possibility of setting up OxHangouts for those who can’t make it to meetups very often. I’m still finding my way around Slack - I’ve set up an Oxford channel now and would have added you to it, but there were dozens of Richards in the directory with no family name (I guess there should have been a way tracking you down on Slack despite that but I moved on to other things at the time) :slightly_smiling_face:

I am signed up to Slack and used it 2-3 times, but had major problems. I might use it again, but I don’t have a great incentive at the moment.
Sue

OK - dim probs Sue - if you want to join the Oxford channel at any time, it’s #oxford-rhydychen-ssiw

1 Like

Thank you, @johnwilliams_6. I have added myself to the channel.
Sue

1 Like

I expect to be at Cafe Bap on Friday 14th and at the King’s Arms on Wednesday 19th. I can’t come on Friday 21st.

Following on from our discussion on Wednesday:
Salters Steamers do a trip from Oxford to Abingdon starting at 9:15 and arriving at 11:05.
Then they do Abingdon to Oxford, starting at 11:15 and arriving at 13:15.
Then they do Oxford to Abingdon starting at 14:30 and arriving at 16:30.
Then they do Abingdon to Oxford starting at 16:45 and arriving at 18:30.
7 days a week in season from 25th May to 8th September 2019

Single ticket price: Adult £13.40, Senior £12.80, Child £7.10.
There are plenty of buses between Abingdon and Oxford. I think that both ways on the river would be too long.

There are also 40 minute round trips from Oxford departing on the hour from 11:00 - 17:00 daily in season. I think that they go down to Iffley Lock and back.

The chance of finding a day that everyone can manage is probably nil, but we could try?

Sue

1 Like

Diolch Sue - defnitely worth a try!
Let’s tag people to see if they might be interested in a river trip+sgwrs at some stage (not too sure how many of us keep an eye on this thread anyway without needing to be alerted … :slightly_smiling_face:)
@cat-1 @RichardBuck @Betterlatethan @rebecca @rachaelseculer-faber @jane-18 @bethan-williams-1 @mouselovinlady @Laura_P_87 @chris-roberts
Hwyl, John

1 Like

I’m planning to be at cafe Bap tomorrow morning. River trip and scwrs sounds good. I’d be interested ! Bethan

2 Likes

Helo pawb - a quick reminder about today’s Cafe Bap meet up (enjoy the Welsh cakes! :slightly_smiling_face:) and a bit of advance notice for next week’s meetups:

• Wednesday morning, 19 June from 10:30am in the King’s Arms, Holywell Street
  • Wednesday evening 19 June 8.30pm in James Street Tavern , James St., East Oxford (but best to check first with @s-coates1 on this one)
  • Friday morning, 21 June from 10:30am in Café Bap, Abingdon Rd

I won’t be able to make it today, I’m afraid, or next week’s meetups either, so please do post a message if you’re planning to go to any of these :slightly_smiling_face:
Hwyl, John

1 Like

I’m going to the Caffi Bap today, and should be going next week, although I do have an appointment in the morning which might clash or make me late (…er than usual)!

2 Likes

Hello all. I would be up for a boat trip, if it coincides with one of my days off. Also hoping to make it to the King’s Arms next Wed.

2 Likes

Helo I’m planning to go to Kings Arms tomorrow 19 June, however unfortunately I won’t be able to make it to Cafe Bap this Friday. Hwyl Bethan

Helo @bethan-williams-1,
Same here. King’s Arms but not Cafe Bap. See you.
Sue