Oxford Welsh learners group

Not sure yet whether Iā€™ll be able to make it, but Iā€™ll confirm one way or another tomorrow morning

Sorry, Iā€™m not going to be able to make it today - got some sort of bug and was hoping it might have cleared by up this morning, but seems not :disappointed:

Brysia wella!

1 Like

Gobeithio y byddi diā€™n well yn fuan, @johnwilliams_6.
Wnes i ddarllen llyfr yn y caffi am hanner awr. 'S dim ots, ces iā€™r cyfle i fynd i M&S i brynu sanau. Maeā€™n ddrwg 'da fi os rhywun wedi dod yn hwyrach ar ol i fi fynd.

I hope youā€™ll be better soon, John.
I read a book in the cafe for half an hour. Itā€™s OK, I got the chance to go to M&S to buy socks. Iā€™m sorry if someone came later after I went.
Sue

1 Like

I did ā€“ but donā€™t be sorry: itā€™s my fault and Iā€™m sorry I missed you. (I was just about to leave when I had to write a long reply on the forum about grammar, and that delayed meā€¦:slight_smile: )

1 Like

What better way to start July than coming along to a meetup! :slightly_smiling_face: This week itā€™ll be:

• Wednesday morning, 3 July from 10:30am in the Kingā€™s Arms, Holywell Street
  • Wednesday evening 3 July 8.30pm in James Street Tavern , James St., East Oxford (check first with @s-coates1)
  • Friday morning, 5 July from 10:30am in CafĆ© Bap, Abingdon Rd

Hwyl, John
PS Iawn rŵan - diolch @RichardBuck @Betterlatethan am y negeseuon gwella :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Sorry everyone, I canā€™t make it to the Kingā€™s Arms today. Iā€™ve got a nasty cold.
Sue

Oh, bad luck Sue - hope youā€™re feeling better soon

Thanks, @johnwilliams_6
Iā€™m still coughing and sneezing so I shall not be there on Friday. I have a meeting on Wednesday 10th so I canā€™t come then either. Hoping for Friday 12th.
Sue

Get well soon, Sue, and see you on Fri 12th, croesi bysedd :slightly_smiling_face:

Iā€™ll be there in CafĆ© Bap tomorrow and maybe Clive, now heā€™s back from France - who else is thinking of going?
Hwyl, John

Iā€™m expecting to be there, too.

1 Like

Helo Oxford folk (i.e. @cat-1 @RichardBuck @Betterlatethan @rebecca @rachaelseculer-faber @jane-18 @bethan-williams-1 @mouselovinlady @Laura_P_87 @chris-roberts, anyone else I might have inadvertently omitted and any potential newcomers)!
Our current meetup days/times/venues might not work very well for some of you, so if youā€™d like to come along but the current schedule doesnā€™t suit or if youā€™d prefer a different format, do please do let me know either via this thread or by personal message (PM) - donā€™t be shy! :slightly_smiling_face: Happy to make adjustments so that as many as possible have the chance to practise some Cymraeg (If youā€™d prefer to email me or phone, do say and Iā€™ll send you a PM, i.e. personal message, with my contact details)

Also, with the approaching school holidays potentially making it difficult for those of you with kids - what about a parents+kids meetup somewhere where the kids can enjoy themselves while you get the chance to practice a bit of Cymraeg? Do post a message to let others know if that appeals. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hwyl, John

Helo, Iā€™m just back from lovely holiday. Very sorry you are not well Sue, hope you will be better soon. Iā€™m hoping to make it to Kingā€™s Arms on Wednesday 10th and also to cafe Bap on Friday. Looking forward to seeing you all. Hwyl Bethan

1 Like

Just to confirm this weekā€™s meetups - hope to see you there :slightly_smiling_face:

• Wednesday morning, 10 July from 10:30am in the Kingā€™s Arms, Holywell Street
  • Wednesday evening 10 July 8.30pm in James Street Tavern , James St., East Oxford (check first with @s-coates1)
  • Friday morning, 12 July from 10:30am in CafĆ© Bap, Abingdon Rd

Hwyl, John
PS If ā€¦

ā€¦ see my post of 3 days ago :slightly_smiling_face:

Iā€™ve been doing the course for a few weeks and still very much a beginner, but I should be in town on Friday, so hoping to drop by CafĆ© Bap and try to remember a few words!

3 Likes

Hello @thomasd, great to hear from you.
Since there are only two tables in Cafe Bap, you should have no difficulty in finding the group.
I was hoping to be there, but it is uncertain as I am still coughing and wheezing.
Sue

Helo @thomasd - good to hear from you! Weā€™ll be looking forward to seeing you on Friday if you can make it
Hwyl, John

Diolch yn fawr iawn for the welcome! Hope you feel better soon @Betterlatethan.

Helo pawb - A quick reminder about tomorrowā€™s meetup in Cafe Bap from 10.30am onwards. Hope to see you there :slightly_smiling_face:
Hwyl, John

Thanks all for the welcome this morning. I hope to be back in a couple of weeks ā€“ perhaps with a few more words of Welsh under my belt :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes