Oxford Welsh learners group

Yes, I’ll be there, Sue - not sure about anyone else, though
Tan 'fory, 'ta, John

I’ll try and make it tomorrow, I’ll drop a message on here if I’m not able to make it.

The boat trip looks good! I’ve mentioned it to my husband, we’ve got nothing in the calendar so may be able to join :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m also coming down to Cafe Bap today. I might even be (nearly) on time…!

2 Likes

I turned the corner to see the bus pulled over with its hazards on, never a good sign! Should be there for 11, on the next one now

1 Like

Hi Claire, it was great to meet both of you. I am expecting to be at the Kings Arms on Wednesday, and I shall bring the books I mentioned.
Sue

1 Like

Just to confirm next week’s meetups which still follow the existing pattern. I won’t be able to make any of these, I’m afraid, so do please post a message if your intending to go and check this thread to make sure you won’t be the only one :slightly_smiling_face: (don’t forget that the pattern of meetups will changing from Wed 14th!)

• Wednesday morning, 7 Aug from 10:30am in the King’s Arms, Holywell Street
  • Wednesday evening 7 Aug 8.30pm in James Street Tavern , James St., East Oxford (check first with @s-coates1)
  • Friday morning, 9 Aug from 10:30am in Café Bap, Abingdon Rd

Also if you decide to come on the boat trip on Sun 18th you’ll have the chance to meet SSiW’s Aran Jones and family: https://forum.saysomethingin.com/t/join-us-for-a-day-out-on-the-river-from-oxford/20510 :slightly_smiling_face:

Just tagging @RichardBuck @Betterlatethan @rebecca @rachaelseculer-faber @jane-18 @bethan-williams-1 @mouselovinlady @thomasd @chris-roberts @cat-1 to make sure you’ve seen this

… and @Laura_P_87 @s-coates1 @claireesau :slightly_smiling_face: (can only tag a max of 10 at a time, it seems :slightly_frowning_face:)

We’ll be back from France in time - the plantos are off to grandparents, but I’ll be there :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m sorry I won’t be able to make it to the King’s Arms tomorrow as planned as I have a viral infection/ stomach upset. I will be away on Friday ( if I have recovered! ) Looking forward to meeting you all next week, and also to the boat trip. Hwyl Bethan

That’s a shame, @bethan-williams-1. Get well soon. See you next week.
Hope to see you, @claireesau?
Sue

1 Like

@Betterlatethan Yes I plan to be there - see you tomorrow!

2 Likes

Hi @claireesau
We were talking about books for children. Here is a site where you can listen to quite a lot of books for young children being read aloud. You can download them too.

Sue

Hi - my plans have changed, trip to Shrewsbury postponed, so I will be able to make it to Cafe Bap tomorrow! Hwyl Bethan

2 Likes

@Betterlatethan thank you! That looks like a good resource, I’ll take a look tomorrow. Sorry for the late notice but unfortunately I won’t be able to make Cafe Bap, hopefully see you next Wednesday

1 Like

I have to wait in for a parcel but I’m still hoping to be able to make my usual late appearance today.

1 Like

Helo pawb - don’t forget that we have a new pattern of meetups starting this week with Cafe Bap now on Wednesdays and the King’s Arms on Friday at the new time of 12:00

• Wednesday morning, 14 Aug from 10:30am in Café Bap, Abingdon Rd
  • Wednesday evening 14 Aug 8.30pm in James Street Tavern , James St., East Oxford (check first with @s-coates1)
  • Friday morning, 16 Aug from 12:00 in the King’s Arms, Holywell Street

Hwyl, John

1 Like

PS Don’t forget also the boat trip on Sun 18th from Folly Bridge to Abingdon and back, leaving at 2:15pm - partners and families welcome :slightly_smiling_face:

Helo @bethan-williams-1 @RichardBuck @claireesau @heather-9 and anyone else thinking of joining us for the Sunday boat trip, some of us be will meeting up around 1.45pm outside the Head of the River pub (other side of Folly Bridge from the Salters landing stage), otherwise see you by the boat for 2.15pm (@Betterlatethan is planning to join us at Abingdon, by the way)
So far the weather forecast is looking quite promising: sunshine from the BBC or sunshine and light showers from the Met Office :slightly_smiling_face:
Hwyl, John
PS Don’t forget that tomorrow’s meetup (Wed) will be at Cafe Bap

1 Like

I won’t be able to make cafe Bap tomorrow as I previously planned. However will be at Kings Arms on Friday and am very much looking forward to meeting at 1.45 on Sunday for boat trip Hwyl Bethan

1 Like