Oxford Welsh learners group

Splendid! Iā€™ll aim to join you all in Broad Meadow on Friday. (I will be in the city centre anyway and my Covid reporting app tells me that cases in Oxford are declining again :crossed_fingers:)

2 Likes

OK - @heather-18 @mohinigupta @owen-mcknight, letā€™s confirm tomorrowā€™s (Friday) midday ā€˜Broad Meadowā€™ meetup, then (Iā€™ll try and remember to bring/wear something Welsh so you can spot us, @heather-18 :slightly_smiling_face:)
Hwyl
John

2 Likes

Lovely. I was wondering how I would recognise the group. I have a feeling I will look like a lost lady listening in to peopleā€™s conversations to see if I recognise any words :joy::joy: I am looking forward to tomorrow.

2 Likes

Helo bawb - as they seem to be working well, letā€™s keep to the same meetup arrangements as last week:

• 12:00 Tuesday 20th July / dydd Mawrth 20fed Gorffenaf (via Zoom - let me know if you need the login details)
  • 12:00 Friday 23rd July / dydd Gwener 23ain Gorffenaf (ā€˜Broad Meadowā€™ - opposite Balliol College)

Get in touch if you have any queations :slightly_smiling_face:
Hwyl a chadwā€™n iach
John

Hello,

my name is Jane and I live in Bucks but wondered if it would be possible to join one of your meet ups at some point?

I am on the Beginners North Wales course on Challenge 19 - so not very fluent yet Iā€™m afraid!
I have finished working so am flexible on most days.

Apologies if Iā€™ve sent this to you twice!

Diolch yn fawr
Jane

3 Likes

Hello Jane - yes, certainly you can join us - the more the merrier! :slightly_smiling_face:
As youā€™ll have seen weā€™re meeting up twice a week at the moment, via Zoom on Tuedays and face to face on Fridays (you might also have seen that weā€™ve also started up our walks+sgwrs again - details on this thread https://forum.saysomethingin.com/t/oxford-walks/7540/537 ).
Hwyl
John
PS Iā€™ll PM you with the Zoom details

Hi John,

many thanks for the welcome and the information about the meet ups, the Zoom and the walks. Look forward to meeting you ā€˜virtuallyā€™ or in real life soon. :slightly_smiling_face:

bye for now

Jane

3 Likes

I am feeling too hot/lazy/over-anxious to visit Oxford today, but I could be on Zoom if anyone else is available but not in Oxford. @bethan-williams-1? Anyone else? Including @jane-b of course. We have been saying recently that it would be really good to have some more people.
Sue

2 Likes

I will be on zoom at 12.00 today. Bethan

1 Like

Hope I wonā€™t be the only one of us in Broad Meadow today ā€¦ :worried:

1 Like

I hope somone joined you, @johnwilliams_6.
It was great to meet @jane-b on Zoom. @bethan-williams-1 and I were impressed by how much she, as a relatively new learner, was able to say. More importantly - how willing she was to have a go. See you on Tuesday!
Sue

3 Likes

Yes Jane it was lovely to meet you on zoom. Your Welsh is good and I m sure your cousin will be impressed. Look forward to talking again soon. Hwyl Bethan

1 Like

Yes, @chris-roberts was there, thanks (a diolch iddo am y sgwrs) :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hi Bethan and Sue,
it was really lovely to ā€˜meetā€™ you both this morning! (ThoughI think you are being very kind here! :grinning:)
Look forward to seeing you soon; Iā€™d better get practising!!
Hope you have a lovely weekend.
Diolch
Jane

6 Likes

Helo bawb - are you all happy to keep our Friday Broad Meadow face to face meetups going (weather permitting, of course) bearing in mind that Covid is still around? Weā€™ll keep the current arrangement for this week but we can be open to making changes as we move into August if thatā€™s what people prefer :slightly_smiling_face:

• 12:00 Tuesday 27th July / dydd Mawrth 27ain Gorffenaf (via Zoom - let me know if you need the login details)
  • 12:00 Friday 30th July / dydd Gwener 30ain Gorffenaf (ā€˜Broad Meadowā€™ - opposite Balliol College)

Do let me know if youā€™ve any questions or suggestions (and also keep an eye on the Oxford Walks thread for news of next weekendā€™s walk) :slightly_smiling_face:
Hwyl a chadwā€™n saff
John

Hi. Sorry, I seem to have missed a lot the messages, Iā€™m not sure how. I wasnā€™t able to make last week, sorry I didnā€™t let you know, Iā€™m glad you didnā€™t end up on your own John. I am back at work in Oxford so it would be lovely to meet in Broad Meadow on Friday. Jane, I am doing the North Wales Say Something in Welsh and am only on challenge 22 so we are close in our learning journey.

3 Likes

Hi Heather,
Oh thatā€™s really good to know :smiley: I am trying to catch up as I fell a bit behind a couple of weeks ago! (Not sure the last couple have ā€˜gone inā€™ properly - I think Iā€™ve tried to rush them a bit).
I will be available for the zoom tomorrow and would love to meet up one Friday but this one is looking rather uncertain and then the next one would probably be 27th August.

1 Like

Hi Heather, it was so lovely to ā€˜meetā€™ you on zoom. I hope you didnā€™t get too wet! (So glad you said you think you should be able to say something - but my brain goes blank and I can actually see the tumbleweed rolling about!) Hope to meet you really at some point.

1 Like

I have just had my Mynediad speaking exam result back - I passed - 217/220! (I forgot what Builder was in Welsh :woman_facepalming: )

A big thank you to SSIW and all my Rhydychen Welshies for the help and practice.

6 Likes

Llongyfarchiadau, @ruth-connor da iawn ti! :champagne:

1 Like