Oxford Welsh learners group

Last week, I fear, Clive found himself on his own at the Tuesday meetup and on Friday Richard had only Manon Steffan Ros for company but, sadly, not in person :disappointed:

But here’s another week and with luck there’ll be sgwrs & hwyl again in the caffis :slight_smile:: *

• Tuesday 5th Dec 10am in the Ashmolean cafe and
  • Friday 8th Dec 12:00 in the MOA/MOMA/MIAOW cafe, Pembroke St.

I have to be in London on Tuesday but hopefully there’ll be at least a couple of people who can make it that day. and I’ll be there on Friday. Do post a message if you can make it to one or both meetups - meanwhile I’ll be contacting people who aren’t on the forum (PSDAFF’s?)
Hwyl, John

2 Likes

I can’t come on Tuesday but might manage Friday.
Sue

1 Like

Thanks, Sue - see you on Friday I hope. Guess I should tag @mikeellwood @cat-1 @rebecca just to make sure they saw my message

Hoping to make it on Friday too! :grinning:

1 Like

I won’t be able to make Tuesday, but I might be able to make Friday. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just to confirm that the meetup tomorrow, Tuesday, is being cancelled, as none of the PSDAFFs can make it either. I think we can definitely confirm Friday’s meetup now though. Hwyl, John

1 Like

Quick reminder that, yes, there will be a meetup tomorrow, Fri 7th, as usual from 12:00 in the MOMA/MOA/MIAOW cafe, Pembroke St. Hope to see you there.
Hwyl, John

1 Like

Yay, I’ll be there, finally!

2 Likes

Collecting fy mam i from Glos that morning, but hoping to make it back to Ox in time to natter and drink tea whilst she hits the shops!
I did offer for her to come along too but one of hers eye started to twitch. You lot must be terrifying. :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Or maybe terrified. I plan to be there.
Sue

2 Likes

Don’t know for sure if I’ll make it – a man who was supposed to come to fix a thing today is now coming tomorrow “about lunchtime”, but I have asked them to ring and give me about 30 minutes’ notice.

I had hoped to be there ( we are not needed for Grandparent duties this Friday ), but now the lurgy has caught up with me (or the return of a lurgy I thought I had beaten off a couple of weeks ago…but it has returned with cleverer tricks…). Talking is painful, and I don’t want to risk spreading it, so I will keep away.

Hope you all have fun though.

Bad luck Mr E. Hope you feel better yn fuan.
:mask::frowning2::mask:

1 Like

Bad luck, Mike - hope you’ll be on the mend quickly and be able to join in the sgwrs with us again soon…I wonder if there’s a Welsh version of ‘before you can say Jack Robinson’?
. Hwyl, John

1 Like

Thank you, @johnwilliams_6 and @rebecca. I enjoyed our meeting, even though I struggled a bit with background noise. Sorry you didn’t make it, @cat-1, @RichardBuck and @mikeellwood . We missed you.

4 Likes

Sorry to have missed you all! Retrieving grandmothers, and fighting with recalcitrant gearboxes meant that time (and luck) ran out. :confounded:
Granny making up for it by way of a consolation takeaway. Good woman, that. :blush:

1 Like

Helo @mikeellwood @cat-1 @rebecca @RichardBuck @Betterlatethan @HelenV-E (and anyone else who’s interested) - With fast approaching Nadolig disrupting diaries it seemed a good idea to set up a Doodle poll to see which meetup dates might suit most people:
https://doodle.com/poll/9ifav9sz9nkehm8f
Simply (as the user manuals like to say :slight_smile: ) enter your name in the box and click on days/times which work for you (I had to put in exact times, but they just stand for morning, lunchtime & afternoon). Ideally, although not essential, we can keep to the regular Friday slot and have a second meetup earlier in the week.
Hwyl, John

1 Like

PS Should have added “weather permitting”:worried:

2 Likes

It’s being blooming unpermitting at the moment! We are stranded! :astonished:

1 Like

I hope that you are released now. We have buses running again so the roads in both directions must be open.
Sue

2 Likes