Oxford Welsh learners group

Yes Jane it was lovely to meet you on zoom. Your Welsh is good and I m sure your cousin will be impressed. Look forward to talking again soon. Hwyl Bethan

1 Like

Yes, @chris-roberts was there, thanks (a diolch iddo am y sgwrs) :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hi Bethan and Sue,
it was really lovely to ā€˜meetā€™ you both this morning! (ThoughI think you are being very kind here! :grinning:)
Look forward to seeing you soon; Iā€™d better get practising!!
Hope you have a lovely weekend.
Diolch
Jane

6 Likes

Helo bawb - are you all happy to keep our Friday Broad Meadow face to face meetups going (weather permitting, of course) bearing in mind that Covid is still around? Weā€™ll keep the current arrangement for this week but we can be open to making changes as we move into August if thatā€™s what people prefer :slightly_smiling_face:

• 12:00 Tuesday 27th July / dydd Mawrth 27ain Gorffenaf (via Zoom - let me know if you need the login details)
  • 12:00 Friday 30th July / dydd Gwener 30ain Gorffenaf (ā€˜Broad Meadowā€™ - opposite Balliol College)

Do let me know if youā€™ve any questions or suggestions (and also keep an eye on the Oxford Walks thread for news of next weekendā€™s walk) :slightly_smiling_face:
Hwyl a chadwā€™n saff
John

Hi. Sorry, I seem to have missed a lot the messages, Iā€™m not sure how. I wasnā€™t able to make last week, sorry I didnā€™t let you know, Iā€™m glad you didnā€™t end up on your own John. I am back at work in Oxford so it would be lovely to meet in Broad Meadow on Friday. Jane, I am doing the North Wales Say Something in Welsh and am only on challenge 22 so we are close in our learning journey.

3 Likes

Hi Heather,
Oh thatā€™s really good to know :smiley: I am trying to catch up as I fell a bit behind a couple of weeks ago! (Not sure the last couple have ā€˜gone inā€™ properly - I think Iā€™ve tried to rush them a bit).
I will be available for the zoom tomorrow and would love to meet up one Friday but this one is looking rather uncertain and then the next one would probably be 27th August.

1 Like

Hi Heather, it was so lovely to ā€˜meetā€™ you on zoom. I hope you didnā€™t get too wet! (So glad you said you think you should be able to say something - but my brain goes blank and I can actually see the tumbleweed rolling about!) Hope to meet you really at some point.

1 Like

I have just had my Mynediad speaking exam result back - I passed - 217/220! (I forgot what Builder was in Welsh :woman_facepalming: )

A big thank you to SSIW and all my Rhydychen Welshies for the help and practice.

6 Likes

Llongyfarchiadau, @ruth-connor da iawn ti! :champagne:

1 Like

Llongyfarchiadau Ruth! Well deserved!

1 Like

Great news, Ruth. Very well done.
Sue

1 Like

It was lovely to meet you all on zoom, what a great group. :slightly_smiling_face: Rhaid i mi ā€¦ find a quiet, dry place to dial in. Iā€™m not sure what the weather is going to do on Friday but I will look out for updates to see if the meet will be in Oxford or on zoom.

Da iawn Ruth. Congratulations.

5 Likes

I have just booked cwrs Uwch 1 and 2 on zwm starting in September! ( No exams for me though!!!) Bethan

5 Likes

Well done Ruth - I donā€™t know the Welsh for builder either! Was that a WJEC exam? I get a bit confused about all the different courses & qualifications.

1 Like

Neis cyfarfod Ć¢ chi ddoe Heather and Jane. I can confirm that the words do start to come more easily as time goes onā€¦

2 Likes

Itā€™s entry level of the course run by Dysgu Cymraeg. I think they are their own exam body, so not WJEC.

1 Like

Who are you doing it with, Bethan? I am doing Uwch 2 part 1 with Cardiff. 2 hours a week for a year. Moving into the slow lane after the intensive courses. No exams for me either.
Sue

1 Like

Sorry for delay in replying. Itā€™s Cwrs Uwch 1 parts 1 and 2 with Ceredigion on a Thursday morning. I think you are ahead of me Sue!!!

1 Like

Helo bawb - the weather forecast for tomorrowā€™s Broad Meadow meetup doesnā€™t look very promising at the moment :cloud_with_rain::cloud_with_lightning: so we might need to revert to Zoom - Iā€™ll confirm one way or the other 1st thing tomorrow morning, though
John

3 Likes

Iā€™m sorry I wonā€™t be able to make the scwrs tomorrow. Bethan