Oxford Welsh learners group

A quick reminder about…

Hwyl, John

1 Like

Sorry, I’m elsewhere on Thursday meeting a visitor. One day I shall make it to the Royal Blenheim.
Sue

1 Like

Sorry - I’m not there either today :weary:
Have arranged for the world to stop messing me about on Monday though - see you at Y Bap!

I look forward to it @cat-1. Hope your friend can come too. And anyone else of course. Nobody is allowed to be ill!
Sue

1 Like

No more illness! Bugs be gone!
See you Monday. :relaxed:

1 Like

Won’t be able to make it next week, I’m afraid. Will you be coming to the “Evans-fest” on Saturday?

Unfortunately I’m the taxi for a party on Sat afternoon. Do you think it would be wrong to teach an eight year old to drive?

2 Likes

“Wel, mae’n hanes doniol, officer - 'newch chi ddim ei gredu, ond…”

2 Likes

Quick reminder about this week’s meetups 1100 in the Bap Cafe on Monday, 14 May, and 1200 in the Royal Blenheim on Thursday, 17 May - I won’t be able to make either this week I’m afraid. Monday seems to be sorted with both @Betterlatethan and @cat-1 planning to be there, but do please post a message to let others know if you’re planning to go to the Royal B on Thursday
Hwyl am y tro, John

2 Likes

Hello pawb! Not able to make it tomorrow to the Royal B. Had a lovey time at the Bap gyda @Betterlatethan on Monday though! Hoping to be there again next week :relieved:

1 Like

I thoroughly enjoyed talking to @cat-1 on Monday. We had the bonus of owner Mike telling us about Nant Gwrtheyrn and how he was taken there as a small boy. At least I did - @cat-1 came in towards the end of the conversation. I understood part of it, and he was very patient. He also told us the story of Rhys and Meinir and the oak tree.

Sorry, I shall not be around on Thursday or either day next week.

Sue

2 Likes

Just to confirm next week’s meetups, the first from 1100 Monday, 21 May in the Bap Cafe, Abingdon Road and the second from 1200 on Thursday, 24 May, in the Royal Blenheim, corner Pembroke/St Ebbe’s St. - as always, all welcome
Hwyl, John

2 Likes

CHANGE OF PLAN!:confounded: ‘Welsh Mike’ tells me the Bap Cafe will be closed this Monday and next because of work being done on it :disappointed:
Unless anyone has a better suggestion, let’s meet instead tomorrow in the new Bodleian Library cafe (where we met up with Aran) at 1100
Hwyl, John

1 Like

As if you didn’t know :slight_smile:, there’s a Bank Holiday on Monday (28th) so do please say if you’re up for the regular 1100am meetup; otherwise, with many off doing other things, it may have to be cancelled :disappointed: - if it goes ahead, with the Bap Cafe being refurbished, we’ll be in the new Bodleian Library cafe as last Monday.

The 12:00 Thursday (31st) meetup will as usual be in the Royal Blenheim pub, corner St Ebbes St /Pembroke St.
Hwyl, John

2 Likes

Monday and Thursday are already booked up here, and pretty much all in English! :expressionless:
How long is the Bap out of action? It’s already changed quite a lot since we first went there - I look forward to seeing what it looks like after.
Back on track the week after :steam_locomotive::steam_locomotive:

Bap’s back the following Monday according to ‘Welsh Mike’. :hamburger::slight_smile:
PS If no one’s up for a meetup Bank Hol Monday, I could perhaps make a Wednesday meetup if that might work for people?

1 Like

I might be able to do that if the gods smile on me! Watch this space!

1 Like

I am back from holiday, but working in the shop on Monday. I don’t think I can manage Wednesday or Thursday either this week.

Sue

1 Like

Just to confirm CANCELLATION of today’s meetup (Mon 28th) - the possibility’s still open of a Wed 30th meetup in it’s place, so do keep an eye :eye: on this thread!
(Either way, Thursday meetup is still going ahead as planned)
Hwyl, John

I’ll try to make the Thursday meetup but depending on timing of Wednesday, I might manage that :slight_smile:

1 Like