Oxford Welsh learners group

Hello Bethan - I’m expecting to make it tomorrow about 12:30.

1 Like

Great! I look forward to meeting you . Diolch, Bethan

1 Like

Last minute change of plans. I might make it to Royal Blenheim at 12:30 after all.
Sue

Great! Look forward to seeing you! Hwyl Bethan.

Helo pawb - It’ll be the usual pattern for next week’s meetups

• Monday, 8 April from 11am in Café Bap , Abingdon Rd
  • Wednesday 10 April 8.30pm in James Street Tavern , James St., East Oxford (but best to check first with @s-coates1 on this one)
  • Thursday, 11 April in The Royal Blenheim , St Ebbe’s/Pembroke St from 12 noon

I’ll be a bit late on Thursday but I’m hoping to be there by 1-ish
Hwyl, John

A quick reminder about today’s 11:00 Café Bap meetup - hope to see you there :slightly_smiling_face:
Hwyl, John

New term, new schedule??
As our Oxford group has had four new members this year and Dee is going to be updating details of current meetups for the SSiW newsletter, seems a good time to check with you all how the current meetup schedule works for each of you. Do please, each of you, let me know if another day, time or place would work better - or equally well - for you - don’t be shy! :slightly_smiling_face:
Hopefully we can come up with a schedule - maybe even the current one? - which suits most of us :slightly_smiling_face:
So, how about it @cat-1 @RichardBuck @Betterlatethan @rebecca @rachaelseculer-faber @jane-18 @bethan-williams-1 @mouselovinlady @Laura_P_87 @s-coates1 (apologies if I might have forgotten anyone )?
Hwyl, John

2 Likes

PS Seems we’re only allowed to specify 10 names at a time :frowning:, so I’m tagging on @mikeellwood @HelenV-E here (although I know it might be difficult for you to make any meetups at the moment)

Thanks for the tag! I’m not terribly free in any capacity at the moment although Thursday is my day off (I think…job is changing after Easter) so Thursday daytime gives me a chance to make it sometimes. I’m also a super-new beginner and a bit scared so don’t plan round me as I may hide for a while yet! Diolch for checking though :slight_smile:

1 Like

For whatever reason, the universe thinks it’s funny to arrange my life so that Monday and Thursday daytime are now awkward! If anyone fancies shifting one of those days to somewhen else, I would be keen to get back to coming every week.
Unless you all want to come dog walking in Welsh on a Thursday lunchtime? I can lend you a dog… :dog:

1 Like

Hi Meg - we’re a very unscary bunch really :slightly_smiling_face: - and, when you come to a meetup, no problem at all if you’d rather just listen until you feel ready to try a bit of Welsh, so do come along and join us when you have time :slightly_smiling_face:
Hwyl, John

Except me. I’m t.e.r.r.i.f.y.i.n.g…
:ghost:

2 Likes

Helô from Aberystwyth (I’m on the Cwrs Pasg)! I’d really like a Sat/Sun morning thing as a) I’m not (usually) at work, and b) It might force me to get out of bed at a reasonable hour :slight_smile:

1 Like

A quick reminder about the meetups tonight & tomorrow…

Diolch for your thoughts @mouselovinlady @cat-1 @rachaelseculer-faber :slightly_smiling_face:

Might substituting a Thursday dog walk (chez Cat in Kirtlington) once a month for one of our weekly meetups make it easier for Meg to join us from N Oxon?
Could a weekly Sat/Sun a.m. meetup work for people, with one maybe a walk+sgwrs ?
Let me know what you think pawb :slightly_smiling_face:
Hwyl, John

I’m in Upper Heyford so not far from Kirtlington o gwbl. Also have a dog…he’s the only Welsh member of the family but isn’t very good at the lingo.

1 Like

No problem, there’s a book for that! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hello! Those sound like great ideas as it would be good to meet up with Cat and I would very much like to meet Meg sometime in the future too. I have no experience of dogs however I am sure I might get on well with a Welsh one! As I am not working I am fairly flexible as to when I can meet. However I’m sorry I can’t make the RB tomorrow. Hwyl Bethan

1 Like

I’d be up for an occasional weekend meetup too

1 Like

Profound apologies to anyone who might have been waiting for me to turn up :worried: - in the end I didn’t make it to the RB until around 2, but too late :slightly_frowning_face: