Oxford Welsh learners group

Is anyone going to be at Caffi Bap on Friday?
Sue

1 Like

I shall :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I will be at cafe Bap tomorrow! Bethan

2 Likes

Good. See you both.
Sue

Helo pawb - here’s the meetup schedule for next week. Unfortunately I won’t be able to make any of these, so do please post a message if you’re planning to be there and keep an eye on this thread to make sure there’ll be someone else there as well :slightly_smiling_face:

• Wednesday morning, 29 May from 10:30am in the King’s Arms, Holywell Street
  • Wednesday evening 29 May 8.30pm in James Street Tavern , James St., East Oxford (but best to check first with @s-coates1 on this one)
  • Friday morning, 31 May from 10:30am in CafĂ© Bap, Abingdon Rd

Hwyl, John

Hello! Is anyone planning to go to King’s Arms tomorrow morning or cafe Bap on Friday? Bethan

1 Like

Hello @bethan-williams-1 ,
I hope that you did not wait alone. Sorry, I was on holiday, but I have just got back this evening. I could be there next Wednesday and Friday. What about you?
Sue

1 Like

Hello Sue, I decided not to go this week but can make next Wednesday and probably Friday too. Hope you had good holiday.:slightly_smiling_face:Hwyl Bethan

2 Likes

See you on Wednesday.
Hwyl, Sue

I’m planning to be there Friday, and then there’s Regius Prof Bob’s Garden Party on Saturday.

2 Likes

Sorry for the late notification but only got back from the SSiW party in Caernarfon today (via Saith Seren in Wrecsam - well worth a visit if you’re ever up that way :slightly_smiling_face:), but yes there will, of course, be the regular meetups this week:

• Wednesday morning, 5 June from 10:30am in the King’s Arms, Holywell Street
  • Wednesday evening 5 June 8.30pm in James Street Tavern , James St., East Oxford (but best to check first with @s-coates1 on this one)
  • Friday morning, 7 June from 10:30am in CafĂ© Bap, Abingdon Rd

Also, don’t forget Bob Evans Welsh garden party this Saturday, 8 June from 12 noon onward at Rowan Cottage, 45 Sunningwell OX13 6RD, children welcome - bring a bottle or something to add to the buffet (see below for how to get there from north of Oxford - let me know if you’d like more info or need directions from another direction - they’ve covered all points of the compass! :slightly_smiling_face:)
Hwyl, John

“Follow the western (A34) bypass round Oxford. Continue towards Abingdon and take Abingdon North exit. At T junction, turn R. After ÂŒ mile take L turn to reach Sunningwell village within 1 mile. Follow road into village ( extreme care on bend) and fork L past church on L and pond on R. We are the third house beyond on R”

PS Lifts to Bob Evans’ party are available from Oxford if needed - let me know

Diolch John a Sue am scwrs dda heddiw . Please John could you kindly let Bob Evans know, that I am able to attend the party on Saturday? Diolch Bethan.

1 Like

A diolch i ti, Bethan, a Sue! Yes, I’ve written to Bob and Kati to let them know you’ll be coming
Hwyl, John

2 Likes

A quick reminder about tomorrow’s meetup

Also, as it’s been going for a few weeks now, please do let me know via this thread or PM your thoughts on how you think the new pattern of meetups is working and if you have any suggestions for changes
Hwyl, John

Unfortunately I will unexpectedly be unable to make it to cafe Bap tomorrow morning. Sorry, however I will be at the party on Saturday. Looking forward to it. Hwyl Bethan

1 Like

Hi @bethan-williams-1, I’m sorry that you can’t make it. I enjoyed Wednesday’s chat. Enjoy the party!
I expect to be at Cafe Bap tomorrow.
Sue

1 Like

Helo pawb - next week’s meetups will follow the usual pattern

• Wednesday morning, 12 June from 10:30am in the King’s Arms, Holywell Street
  • Wednesday evening 12 June 8.30pm in James Street Tavern , James St., East Oxford (but best to check first with @s-coates1 on this one)
  • Friday morning, 14 June from 10:30am in CafĂ© Bap, Abingdon Rd

I won’t be able to make it on Friday though, so please do post a message if you’re planning to be there
Hwyl, John

I hope that those of you who went to the garden party had a good time and that the weather was not too bad. It was wet and windy in Birmingham.
On Friday I didn’t have the right words to thank Mike properly for the Welshcakes. @johnwilliams_6, if you are likely to be in touch with Mike, would you please tell him that they were greatly appreciated? If they appear on the menu again then I would happily buy a couple.
I expect to be in the King’s Arms on Wednesday. I am not quite sure about Friday yet. I must check my shop duties, but I hope to be there.
Sue

Yes, of course, Sue - I’ll let Mike know
We had an enjoyable time at the garden party - @bethan-williams-1 @RichardBuck Clive and Richard Williams all made it and we were very lucky with the weather - the garden was reasonably sheltered from the wind and after the morning rain it had brightened up to give a mostly sunny afternoon.
See you on Wednesday!

1 Like