Clwb Cardiau Post Cymraeg

Oh there it went ha. Your doing a fine job but happy to be admin. Always best to have at least two incase you can’t get on Facebook sometimes for any reason.

Nia - As I have already joined the fb Say Something in Welsh page AND the fb Say Something in Welsh Audio Course page, I am wondering, do you mean that there is actually a third page for the postcard club? I’m a little bit confused!

Also - I’ve posted my first card (all in Welsh!) as instructed, and assumed that the next card should be posted the following month, to the next name on the list? However, on re-reading the instructions, it seems that after the first card we just send whenever we like to whomever we like, as often as we like - is that really the case? :thinking:

1 Like

@jackie you can do as you wish until the next e-mail comes along. Sent out on the 11th of this month with new names.

the name of the Facebook Page is Clwb Cardiau Post Cymraeg

The main aim of this page as stated at the beginning is to try and get more Welsh Speakers on board,

1 Like

Hi Nia! Mae fy cerdyn post cyntaf yn yr post heddiw! :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Diolch @Jackie. O ble i ble? Ti’n hapus iddo fynd ar facebook? Diolch

Bit blurred but managed to get a London bus and taxi in the background.

9 Likes

Just heard this being spoken about on Radio Cymru (I think- they speak very quickly and I’m very new) :slight_smile:

4 Likes

O Glanyfferi :black_flag:󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 i Queensland, Australia :australia: Ie - dw i’n hapus iddo fynd ar facebook.

:open_mouth: Posted that from my mobile - and it deleted the Welsh flag!

They did indeed and name dropped @nia.llywelyn :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, they were full of praise and said that it was a brilliant idea :grinning:

And called @aran, ‘Aeron’… :rofl:

1 Like

I’m curious to hear it now! Which programme was it?

You need to register before 12 noon on the 11/10 to be on the list going out next Friday.
E-mail me with your address to nia@saysomethingin.com

Diolch

My thought is that if we always send our next postcard to the next numbered person on the list, and keep on going through the numbers, everyone should be getting postcards. If new people are added onto the end of the list, so long as they follow the same idea, with the last person on the list sending to number 1, everyone should keep getting postcards.

If we change to just whoever we feel like after sending our first one, some people might get none and some loads :confused: So I think we really need to keep working through the list.

That said, there’s nothing to stop us sending extra postcards to people we just fancy posting one to. :slightly_smiling_face: :fireworks::

5 Likes

Yes, that’s why I couldn’t help but thinking of poor Charlie Brown on Valentine’s Day! :pleading_face: :grin:

I don’t know if we’re going to get extra instructions, but in any case I think I’ll keep on following the list.
And add a few more each month (I’m going to take note of) because otherwise it’s very little practice and will take years to reach everyone!

p.s. Yesterday I decided to pick a random number for sending next postcard and randomness chose the only guy in the list I’ve actually met in person! :open_mouth:

3 Likes

I just got mine and it’s lovely, diolch! It’s a shame the postmark was stamped over the words and made them very hard to read, though.

I just joined the club and looked for some postcards today. It was a rather nice surprise to find a few with pictures of my lovely village :relaxed:
I found some funny ones as well but wasn’t sure whether to buy them or not…
May I ask what kind of postcards you purchase? Solely the “classical” ones with pictures of your hometown or other ones with quotes, funny pictures etc. as well?

1 Like

I moved to London last year, so I picked postcards that I felt neatly captured the city’s essence. What’s more iconic than the double-decker busses, the Eye, and Tower Bridge? Then again, that might be the American in me speaking… :stuck_out_tongue:

There was no shortage of postcards to choose from, but I went with these because I felt they worked best to represent London (from an outsider’s point of view!). Really, I’d just say go with whatever postcards you like best—it’s a great way to capture a reflection not just of the town you get them from, but of yourself as well.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot :sunny:
Now I’ve got the perfect excuse to buy any postcard I like (and actually send them instead of simply collect them).

1 Like