Practice Welsh in Leicestershire

Croeso, Andrew where do you live? I live near Loughborough in Leicestershire

Hi,
Near Broughton Astley in South Leics.

Time to bump this thread! @charlie-o and I met up in the Clarendon pub in Clarendon Park in Leicester a couple of weeks ago and another person, Heather, joined us. It went really well, and we’re meeting up again this coming Tuesday, 7 Feb, at 18:30 (it’s fairly quiet then). The pub is friendly and does decent food too, so if anyone’s interested do come and join us!

3 Likes

Interested in joining you but I often work evenings. Could you let me know of future dates and I’ll see if I can make it? Thanks. Malcolm.

1 Like

Hi All
I live in Anstey and have been struggling to find people to practice my Welsh with. So pleased to hear that a little group is forming! I would love to join, although Tuesday evening is my Welsh class so I am hoping you mix up the evenings a little. Please include me when you post details of the next meet up. Diolch, Jayne

1 Like

Hi Jane - I’m in Anstey, so it could be possible to get together for a paned a sgwrs some time? Jayne

Hi, I live in Sileby and Linda lives in Thrussington, we meet in a cafe in Sileby once a month in the morning, which Welsh class are you using?

1 Like

Hi @malcolmlambert, @Jayne-stallard and @janethowe - @charlie-o and Heather and I met up in the Clarendon pub in Leicester but Charlie has suggested meeting in town as that might be more convenient for a couple of other people he’s spoken to, who may come by train. So pending that, we don’t have a next date sorted yet, and Tuesday may not be the best day for everyone. So what days would suit most people?

I’m learning Welsh through both SSiW and Duolingo.

1 Like

I’m using ssiw, Duo and the BBC bytesize app for some grammar. Daytime would be my preference. I’m in Sapcote but happy to travel. In person is good but i would also appreciate a Zoom chat with anyone. Any chance to practice is good!

1 Like

Hi, I live in Leicester and would be interested in meeting up to practise some Welsh…

1 Like

Hi Chris
Thank you for putting the effort into this. I live in Anstey and happy to meet up in town. I’m freelance so have odd working hours and can sometimes make daytime and sometimes make evening. I think that a regular slot can work well as it’s easier to remember and work in to planning, but can exclude people with regular commitments, like my Tuesday evening Welsh class with Dysgu Cymraeg! So for me, in town any time other than a Tuesday evening would be a good starting point. Jayne

1 Like

Hi, where do you live?

I live in Clarendon Park in Leicester.

For me, I work Mon-Fri so I can’t do during the day. I can do most evenings, my only regular conflict is every other Thursday evening.

I am free most evenings

I live in central Leicester

1 Like

Hi, not sure if you remember me, we met a few times in Leicester about 5 years ago, I expect you are now living in Wales full time. My son now lives in North Wales and I often go there to dog sit when he is away teaching so wonder if we could get together again for a catch up, cheers Janet

1 Like

Sorry Janet, only just seen this! We’re meeting up every other Tuesday in the Clarendon Pub, so you’re very welcome to join us! We’re next meeting on Tuesday (2 May) - there are four of us who meet regularly (including @phil-rudden and @charlie-o) so you (or any other local people) are welcome to come along! I tend to get there early to get something to eat, but the others turn up between 6.30pm and 7pm. We’re in the lounge bar, and it’s normally fairly quiet on a Tuesday so easy to spot. Alternatively, message me with your mobile number and we can add you to our WhatsApp group.