1) Which song, never fails to make you feel happy? Please share a link if you have one.
Gogol Bordello - I Would Never Wanna Be Young Again. A song of utter abandonment and joy. It’s my perennial birthday song. https://youtu.be/BU9btoj-z9o
2) If I were to watch a feel-good/funny film this evening to lift my spirits, what would you recommend I watch?
I’m struggling to think of a film that’s both funny and feel-good, which says something about my sense of humour! I’ll go with Captain Fantastic.
3) Go on, I know you want to … tell us a joke! If you have one in Welsh and English, then go for it!
I’m terrible at jokes, but here goes…
A cruise ship was sailing past a tiny island.
“Who’s that guy over there?” said the first mate, pointing to a man in rags running up and down the shore, waving his arms wildly.
“I don’t know”, said the captain, “but he goes crazy every year when we pass him.”
4) When is the last time you laughed till you cried?
I can’t tell you. It was reminiscing about one of those experiences that’s so terrible to live through that you have to lose your grip on reality to survive. Laughter makes you stronger.
I’ll tell you instead about the time my Auntie told me about returning a book to someone in a college, getting lost before she even got in the building and having to fight her way through a bush, then stumbling in through a back door and ending up walking (more and more slowly) along a corridor that had been freshly glued for tiling. I think I laughed tears for a week. It was even funnier than the time she knocked her teacher out with a clothes dryer.
5) Has a book ever made you laugh out loud?
Frequently. Ben Aaranovitch’s Rivers of London series makes me chuckle a lot because he writes Sierra Leonean women really well.
6) Make up your own good cheer Friday Five question and answer it…
Q: What do you do to reset your mood?
A: Put on loud music and dance.
Much love and laughter and a happy weekend to all!