Pump am y Penwythnos / Friday Five 15/01/2021

Did I forget this last Friday? Yes! :blush: Sorry folks. :wink:

Here’s a quick and easy, yet fun one.

Finish these sentences…

1) I have never…

2) My proudest moment was…

3) I would very much like, once in my life, to have the opportunity to…

4) I once found myself unexpectedly…

5) I have decided to make more of an effort to…

Happy Friday everyone! :smiley:

1) I have never… skydived

2) My proudest moment was… when my daughter who struggled so much with maths in school consistently achieved over 95% in her nursing calculation exams. She got 100% in her first one and I cried remembering the torment of trying to help her learn in school.

3) I would very much like, once in my life, to have the opportunity to… visit Machu Picchu

4) I once found myself unexpectedly… having to sleep on a traditional Vietnamese bed - a square of very hard wood with a thin blanket over it that I was either allergic to or it was full of insects as I was extremely itchy by the morning!

5) I have decided to make more of an effort to… buy some new clothes. I HATE shopping, especially for clothes, but I can’t keep wearing things that are over a decade old and look it! :joy:

3 Likes

1) I have never…

Watched the Titanic movie

Both kids entered a Kata competition at their Karate Dojo, having to work their way through rounds, competing against kids of all levels and ability. They both made the final, competing against each other. Out of tens of kids, one came first and the other second. :slight_smile:

Co write comedy for television.

Chatting to princess Diana on the phone…

This -

‘‘Breath by breath, let go of fear, expectation, anger, regret, cravings, frustration, fatigue. Let go of the need for approval. Let go of old judgments and opinions. Die to all that, and fly free. Soar in the freedom of desirelessness.’’

Lama Surya Das

2 Likes

1) I have never…
Eaten tripe. Or watched ‘Fleabag’. Or gone abseiling.

Graduating with my MBA. I did it with the OU while working full-time and it took me 4 years, so the sense of achievement having successfully completed it was beyond words.

see penguins in Antarctica

Learning Danish for a bet

kick back and relax

Thanks, Catrin, as ever. Another great set of questions :heart:

2 Likes

1) I have never…

Been to Japan

Picking up my son from nursery after his first day and the staff were so sad to see him go because they’d had such a good time with him. He didn’t cry once, apparently!

Deliver a TED talk

In a headlock helping a patient into her house…

Stay present

3 Likes