Pump am y Penwythnos / Friday Five 19/06/2020

Prynhawn da bawb! Good afternoon everyone!

Here are this week’s questions! :smiley:

1) Where do you dream of travelling to and why?

2) What would you chose to watch, eat and drink this evening if you had access to absolutely anything and everything.

3) Which lifestyle changes/new hobbies/rituals/other have you adopted during lockdown which you’re going to stick to once this is all over?

4) How do you feed your soul and lift your spirits?

5) Make up your own Friday Five question and answer it.

Home to Cefneithin. My lockdown is in London, under difficult circumstances, and I’m mising my husband.

2) What would you chose to watch, eat and drink this evening if you had access to absolutely anything and everything.

Welsh Rarebit in Wrights Emporium in Llamarthne, with said husband. Elderflower cordial which I had made. To watch? The Eagle Huntress. Indie film about a young girl in Kazakhstan.

3) Which lifestyle changes/new hobbies/rituals/other have you adopted during lockdown which you’re going to stick to once this is all over?
Sashiko and other, non Japanese, types of embroidery.
Since ‘non essential’ shops have started to reopen I’ve been to two. M&S, to buy bras (a girl’s got to do what a girl’s got to do) and a local craft shop. Mask, tick. Card payment, tick. 80% alcohol spray to hands, tick. Personal shopper(!), tick.

Go for a walk. Pray. Watch the programmes about the planets that Brian Cox is presenting. Be impressed at how well my children are doing in these difficult times. They’re both doing some pretty serious adulting.

5) Make up your own Friday Five question and answer it.
Tell us about someone who is new to SSIW.
Leann has finally taken the plunge with 6 minutes a day. She cancelled a TV ccontract in favour of this and I’m so proud of her. And she’s loving it!

2 Likes

So so many places.

Scotland - I’d like to go around the highlands and the islands
Berlin - I love the history and would love to experience the modern side of Berlin
The Fjords in Norway
Iceland

Why - the answer is the same for all of them - the culture, the landscape, the languages, the history (I separate this from culture just because a list of 4 felt better :joy:)

I haven’t drunk any alcohol since mid-May, so I’d probably opt for a Kombucha.
Food - I love roasted potatoes, well cooked veg and a really well cooked meat.

I’ve not drunk for a while as I’ve said above, I’d quite like to keep that going. Until this last week my general activity level has been higher too (I know, weird right?) This started before lock down and has carried on.

Music is a big part of that. I love exploring music that is new to me. Most recently I’ve been listening to Zulu/Xhosa language music like Maskandi.
I love to read. I’m increasingly thinking I want a research job because I love to research topics. Public health, social justice, culture, history, etc. etc.
Exercise - I love exercise, but I do need to have enough residual energy.
The biggest one; spending time with my wife and son

2 Likes

) Where do you dream of travelling to and why?

One of our first trips will be to Nant Gwrtheyrn, our wedding venue and a very special place.

2) What would you chose to watch, eat and drink this evening if you had access to absolutely anything and everything.*

A proper curry. The only material thing that I’ve missed.

Learning Welsh! I had pretty much no vocabulary before (except araf, diolch etc.) But could now have very basic conversation. One being ticked off my bucket list! Lots of walking too.

I’ve enjoyed the mental space lockdown had brought, exploring new places, learning something new.

5) Make up your own Friday Five question and answer it. um…

Where do you dream of travelling to and why?

At the moment I would settle for Oxford. It’s only 5 miles from here, but it’s too far to walk there and back. Normally I would go twice a week or so on the bus, but now it feels as remote as Timbuktu. I would like to go to Derby to visit my daughter, but it involves two trains and a bus, which are normally so packed that you can’t get a seat. No chance! Bristol. Cardiff. Swansea. London. Maybe next year.

What would you chose to watch, eat and drink this evening if you had access to absolutely anything and everything?

I have a sudden desire for proper fish and chips from a good fish shop. Maybe I could have some kind of fruity soft drink such as elderflower. (Doesn’t go with fish and chips? Who cares?) I’m not sure about what I would watch. The whole of i-player is available to me anyway and I have a large collection of DVDs.

Which lifestyle changes/new hobbies/rituals/other have you adopted during lockdown which you’re going to stick to once this is all over?

Age UK Oxfordshire has put a series of exercise classes on YouTube from the tutors who normally hold live classes in various halls round the county. I have tried Tai Chi for the first time and really enjoyed it.

How do you feed your soul and lift your spirits?

I go for walks and look at the wild flowers.

Make up your own Friday Five question and answer it.

Are you any good at thinking up questions? No.

2 Likes