Shameless plug for my sister's beautiful work

My wonderful sister Sylvia, artist, illustrator, special needs teacher and all round colourful and creative Welsh woman has started painting with stitches.

Her beautiful stitched paintings, created from local scenes and imagination and not from patterns are stunning. Each one is unique and original. Each one is bursting with colour and texture. Each one is professionally framed.

She’s just opened her own Etsy shop so I thought I’d share. :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Ah…diolch am Gofiwch Dryweryn…I node have an Etsy account…look out! :hushed:

1 Like

So much talent in one family - dim yn deg :slight_smile:
I shall certainly be a customer in the future - does she do portraits? :laughing:

2 Likes

@Deborah-SSi - cheeky shoe-horn into the email? :wink:

1 Like

Wow, those are unbelievably beautiful! Such talent, and obviously a lot of work!

2 Likes

They really are gorgeous!

2 Likes

Stunningly beautiful!

2 Likes

As promised I’ve sent two to my daughter Emily for her birthday. I’m not confident about my taste, so I gave her a preview and she was delighted to choose two saying that she and her wife were only just now thinking about getting something to fill up wall space, so dad has scored lots of brownie points. :grin:

I was disturbed, however, when I realised that your (Catrin’s) husband is only just older than my daughter. Can this really be true. :astonished::worried:

2 Likes

Oh @HuwJones what a wonderful gift to give your daughter and thank you so very much for supporting my sister’s business. I’m sure Emily will absolutely love them - I have one on the wall by my fireplace and I cherish it.

Which husband would that be, Aran? :laughing: To be honest, we stopped counting after 50 and that was only last year… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

This is one of her latest pieces of work…

5 Likes

Yn wir…dwi wedi ysgrifennu ar y Twitter hynny’n llawer am ychydig wythnosau. I have written that a lot on Twitter over the last couple of weeks. Welsh language recruitment tool provided by some witless vandal…

1 Like

That’s lovely! I had a look at her shop. Tell your sister she needs to do a few things to finish the set-up of her shop. She needs to fill out the “About” section and, importantly, she needs to fill out the policies section so customers know what her terms and conditions are. Many people will not buy from shops that have no published policies.

If she wants to see what a fully set-up shop looks like, this is mine: https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FfigysDesigns

I’m happy to help her to get the set-up right if she needs assistance, she can contact me via Etsy. :slight_smile:

Furthermore, I’ve just spotted a problem that she needs to fix ASAP. She charges a fee for delivery within UK (absolutely fine) but she has international shipping listed as being free - that’s a HUGE error that needs fixing as it could be very expensive! Edited to add: I checked another listing and that one said it didn’t ship to US so the one I spotted may be the only one with free international shipping, but she should check them all to make sure.

4 Likes

That’s brilliant advice! Thank you so much for your care and attention, you’re a star!!!

4 Likes

I suppose what I would like to know is how big the pieces are. Possibly it says somewhere on the Etsy page, but if so it’s not very obvious.

2 Likes

The sizes are on some of the pieces but not all of them, so thanks for pointing that out. I’m currently working with Catrin’s sister to get her shop fixed up correctly so I’ll add that to my list of things that she needs to do. I think she’s very new to Etsy, there’s a lot of stuff she needs to do!

2 Likes

This is community! :clap::clap::clap:

3 Likes

This is so very kind of you, Shirley - diolch o waelod calon - thank you so very much… :slight_smile: :star: :star2:

1 Like

My items have arrived very promptly and well packaged. They were sent to me in fact rather than my daughter, so people should be aware that the option to select an alternative delivery address may not work. As it happens, I’ll be meeting up with Emily and Beth in Bristol at the weekend so I’ll have the pleasure of handing them over in person. Felly - dim prob :smile: I am certain they will be delighted.

To answer @margaretnock 's query re dimensions, the bigger of my two items has a frame 28 x 33 cm (11 x 13") and the round picture has a diameter of 8.6 cm (3.4")
The smaller one has a frame 22.5 x 27.5 cm (8.9 x 10.8") with a picture of the same diameter.

2 Likes