[Sold Out] 2017 September Bootcamp Tresaith. Sept 23-30

I had a fantastic week thanks to all of you! Every bootcamp has its special moments, and this one was no exception. Such a pleasure to see you all growing in confidence with your Welsh over the week, and I look forward to catching up with you again in the future when I have no doubt I will forget you were ever English speakers.

And with direct flights from Cardiff to Berlin, that offer from @Susa1999 sounds very attractive!

6 Likes

Helo Pawb

I would also like to say a big thank you to Iestyn and Dee for organising a brilliant week and also to my fellow bwtcampers who made the week great fun and good company. Iestyn - I have already spoken to a local in Cymraeg since being back - onwards and upwards!

Jayne (Aka Sue)

9 Likes

Thanks to everyone, and especially Iestyn and Dee, for such a great experience. I felt very sad driving away from Tresaith without 5 or 6 bootcampers in the back singing along to “Trons dy Dad” and shouting out “Go-iawn!” at random intervals.

I miss you all and hope we will stay in touch. We have a spare room too so if anyone needs a place to stay in London or fancies a visit let me know!

Hwyl

Kate

6 Likes

Late to thanks game but here I am. I had a really great time and, as I told @Deborah-SSi, it was so much fun I felt like a kid again.

It’s great to be on this journey with all of you. I hope we keep in touch!

Bobby

6 Likes

You are all stars.

I am so excited for you Jayne - when I saw you just chatting away on the Taith y Dablen on Friday night, I knew you’d made it, and if you are already using your Welsh with people, then you are at least starting to believe it too. Go for it, and you’ll never look back.

5 Likes

Lol!

So now I’m finally back in the land of wifi…yes thank you to everyone, its quite a full on thing to do, all told-- and yes especially to Iestyn and Dee what stars! And I managed to use a bit of Welsh in one of the shops in Lampeter while I was there…and like Susanna when I’m driving away eastwards on the A40 I’m always thinking exactly that…nooooooo I’m going in the wrong direction! Got a feeling Trons dy Dad is going to get a few plays on You Tube!

5 Likes

Remember we mentioned Dewi Pws during the week? Here is singing about Tresaith with his band:

EDIT: I heard it on Radio Cymru when I was in the car this morning and it brought back bootcamp memories :slight_smile:

6 Likes

It was tough going back. How was the last night? I was sorry to have missed it. Back in Cardiff, I stopped to pick up a few groceries before going home, and ::Shock:: There were two people speaking WELSH in Marks and Spencer in Cardiff!

5 Likes

Jules! How are you?

The last night - the performance trail event in Aberteifi was atmospheric, even if a lot of it was “mmmn diddorol” in terms of understanding. I missed the later parts as I got a migraine of the can’t see, balance or speak variety – Iestyn kindly drove me straight back to the centre, and I recovered surprisingly quickly.

I seem to have come home with an extra “cyllell” is it yours from when we made chilli?

Ouch sounds nasty! Yes sounds like my cyllell! Thanks for bringing all the other stuff South as well. Let me know when you’re next in the 'diff and we should meet for paned a sgwrs. Maybe try the new Welsh cafe (Llaeth a sigwr in the hen llyfrgell)

2 Likes

I will!

Hey, great meeting you! Did you join in the sgwrs? :slight_smile: How was the puppy?

Thanks again for the bedding stuff!

1 Like

You too Bobi, miss a bit of acoustic guitar whilst swotting up on my vocab :joy:

No worries, all bedding washed and restored to spare rooms
(Hint: that’s ROOMS near Cardiff folk!)

Mavis most snuggly and pleased to have momma home :blush:

2 Likes

Just saw you on the video… brilliant!

1 Like

Fame at last!

4 Likes

And now more fame for us all (especially Susanna, Bobby and Sharon) in the latest issue of Lingo Newydd, which just arrived today!

7 Likes