Sponsors 2015

We’re starting to get a very positive response from Welsh online businesses happy to support our Eisteddfod and donate a small prize for the category winners! We’re really appreciative of their support, so I hope that some of you will find something interesting on their websites that you might consider purchasing … after all, it’s not long to Christmas! (Did I really say that? :slight_smile: )

Here are some of our first sponsors:

2 Likes

Angharad at Adra - www.adrahome.com

Here at Adra - which in Welsh means ‘home’ - we believe that home is
where the heart is. Our home is in Snowdonia, where a wealth of natural
materials are teamed with the cream of Wales’ creativity and raw talent
to bring to you the very best in stylish and contemporary Welsh gifts,
Welsh home and garden goods, Welsh kitchenware and Welsh baby gifts.

1 Like

Nia from Medi Gifts - http://www.medi-gifts.com/store/index.html

A wide selection of design-led gifts, several designed and produced in Wales for you and your home.

1 Like

Becca at The Welsh Gift Shop - http://welshgiftshop.com/

Becca has supported us in previous SSiW Eisteddfods and has provided a really beautiful prize this year! I can’t tell you which category it will be for yet though :wink:

We are a small family-run online shop based in the ancient market town of Trefynwy (Monmouth).

We will always go the extra mile to ensure you are happy with your purchase. Think of us as your own personal shoppers!

Through this website, we aim to preserve, celebrate and support the wonderful traditions and crafts of our country - and make them available worldwide.

All of our products have been sourced by us and are of the highest quality. Enjoy the very best of Wales!

1 Like

Benedict from the I Love Wales Gift Shop - http://www.ilovewales.com/welsh-gift-shop.html

The Welsh Gift Shop @ILOVEWALES

There’s always a Birthday, Anniversary or Wedding just around the corner, and with our Welsh gifts.

YOU’RE HELPING SUPPORT THE BEST CREATIVE SMALL BUSINESSES IN WALES!

1 Like

Sarah from Welsh Originals - www.welshoriginals.co.uk

Welsh Originals was launched in 2014 by Textile/Surface pattern designer Sarah Morley. Sarah has been drawing, painting and creating since she was a child, she went on to graduate in 2004, with a BA (hons) degree in Contemporary Textile and Surface Design.

After exhibiting at New Designers in London, Sarah gained invaluable design experience working for almost ten years at top New York design studios. Creating original artwork for a wide variety of industries, from stationery and paper products, to fashion, swimwear and children’s products, her designs have been spotted on the high street in the UK and the USA.

Since becoming an established freelance designer, and continuing to design prints from home, Sarah set up the Welsh Originals product line, her work explores whimsical illustrations in her signature graphic style.

When Sarah isn’t busy creating new designs she can be found drinking tea, surfing Instagram or experimenting in the kitchen. Sarah lives in South Wales with her partner Martyn, their daughter and two very spoiled cats.

1 Like

Maybe highlighting one of these in each email for the next few weeks would be good? :star2:

1 Like

Yes, that’s the plan :smile:

1 Like

Fantastic response. Have you linked each one to their choice of category, or is that tbd at the moment?
Well done Dee!

1 Like

And here’s our latest sponsor - Becs and Morgan from Dyfal Donc

DyfalDonc was born in the creative East End of London but in 2011 we opted for the quiet life and went back to our roots and are currently based in our workshop in the picturesque Ogwen Valley in North Wales.

We create English and Welsh greeting cards, ceramic mugs, pocket mirrors, digital art prints, ephemera jewellery, badges and more for our on-line Etsy shop and fairs/markets. We try and be as eco-friendly as possible with our products so we use 100% recycled envelopes and biodegradable display bags with our greeting cards. We are also proud that everything is created and/or designed in Wales or produced in Britain.

The website for Dyfal Donc is www.dyfaldonc.com

1 Like

I’ve had a lovely response from Nia at http://www.bodlon.com/ this morning, who is happy to contribute a prize to our Eisteddfod as well!

Over the past six years, Bodlon has led the way in changing the way consumers from all over the world view and source Welsh produce. The quality and provenance of all our goods is paramount, but equally important is the integrity of their design. Bodlon grew from a desire to showcase award-winning Welsh food produce in hampers that have been sold all over the world. We knew that the best of Wales could go head to head with market leading products from anywhere and come out as winners. And we were right.

1 Like

Our final Eisteddfod sponsor for this year is a company that prints and embroiders garments, based in South Wales. They have offered a great deal to produce the t-shirts that will be presented to the winners of each category, each one a special limited edition with a beautiful design by Lisa to go with our Eisteddfod logo.

D-zine it all is a friendly family run business established in 2010. The business is situated on the main road through the Rhondda Valley town of Ferndale. Our aim is to provide a friendly efficient service producing quality products within the shortest time possible, at highly competitive prices. We stock thousands of garments for schools, sports clubs, local businesses and organisations, we wont be beaten on brands, quality, service and value for money.

The website is http://www.dzineitall.co.uk/

1 Like

Have I missed seeing a picture of the t-shirts???

As far as I know they were never presented. :slight_smile:

Not yet. They’re still being made - hopefully I’ll get my hands on them this week - then they’ll be sent out and I can reveal the design :smile:

I don’t want to post it until the winners have had a chance to see it first.

1 Like

Why not the winners posting the pictures wearing them in here. :slight_smile: [size=9](one of my crazy ideas again … sorry.) :slight_smile: [/size]

2 Likes

I’m hoping they will Tatjana :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I received my prize from Welsh Originals yesterday and was so excited to find beautiful greeting cards and a printed tea towel. I couldn’t help but take a look around the site, and Sarah’s got some beautiful and colorful items for sale. I am so glad to have been turned on to a new Welsh designer (that ships internationally) and will definitely be making an order soon. :smiley:

2 Likes

Colorful! DID YOU SAY COLORFUL???

Rushing on their site! YAY! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Deborah-SSi - maybe some comments from people who got their prizes, with a link to the site, would be a nice addition to the next few emails? :sunny:

1 Like