SSiW and the Big Change - brace yourselves!

Hi @aran, how do us 6 monthers fit into it? I was a subscriber 10 years ago and then mu payments stopped going out (I’m guessing it was because you could see that I wasn’t accessing the lessons anymore).

Hi Phil - we’re going to be making sure that everyone currently on the 6 month course gets this flagged up to them - it’s slightly out of order, because they don’t really need to be thinking about subscription until they’ve finished the 6 month (and the Deep End I’ve promised) - but for those who know they’d like the follow-on stuff, we wouldn’t want them to get hit with a price hike that we hadn’t given them plenty of warning about… :slight_smile:

Nope, we wouldn’t have stopped your payments - more likely to have been a Paypal/change of card kind of thing - but yup, if you start a sub again before the end of august, you’ll be grand-fathered in… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Da iawn! Syniad da iawn iawn. What a very good idea. I have finished level 1. How do I register for Level 2? Having just spent three weeks in Wales I feel the need to get on with my Welsh. Although, I did manage some patchy conversations in Welsh with very patient people who apparently didn’t mind helping me find the right words or structures every now and again. Siop Fferm at Bethesda (nr Narberth) is a very good place to practise or Tafarn Sinc at Rosebush in the Preselis). At “Bessies” Dyffryn Arms in Cwm Gwaun (Sir Benfro) speaking Welsh really broke the ice. Most of the conversation was in English, though, because my husband doesn’t speak any Welsh except the most important words: bore da, peint o gwrw, os gwelwch yn dda, diolch yn fawr, nos da. Somehow this year I seemed to understand more and speak more than last time. Felly, mae rhaid i fi dal ati. (I must keep at it - is that correct?)

4 Likes

For people not on one of the structured courses, you just need to subscribe to get access to Level 2 - just try to open any Level 2 challenge and you’ll see the subscription options - and it happens to be pretty good timing, so you’ll get access to all the advanced stuff starting from the end of September, without needing to pay the higher price… :slight_smile:

Hi Aran,
I haven’t been using SSiW for a good while but I’m still showing as a member on the imported single subscription. I think my payments have timed out on a direct debit or similar so I need to update but don’t know how. Thank you for any advice

1 Like

Hi Helen - I’ll tag @kinetic in here, he’ll be able to fix this for you - but he’s technically on holidays until after the Eisteddfod, so it might be a little while (unless we’re lucky enough for him to notice this in the meantime, and have a few minutes to try and fix it)… :slight_smile:

Thank you

1 Like

Hi Aran

Exciting news!!

I am currently signed up on the £3.95 subscription, under the old Paypal system.

If I would like access to all languages and material, do I just sign up to the “Polyglot” and am I
able to update the method of payment to a bank direct debit?

1 Like

That’s a ‘Yes’ and an ‘Ummm, I hope so’ - if you give it a shot and it doesn’t work, it’ll have to wait until Ifan gets back from holiday, on the 11th… :wink:

Thanks, I’ll give it a go.

1 Like

Hi Aran

Completed the easy bit - up-grade to Polyglot!!

Will leave subscription up-date until Ifan returns - only seem to be able to enter payment card
details, not bank account details etc.

Thanks again

Oh, right, hang on - I think I didn’t read that bit carefully enough - no, I don’t think we can accept direct debits at the moment - but I can ask Ifan how much extra coding work it would take when he gets back… :slight_smile:

Hi, that’s fine. No problem in keeping it as it is if a problem. Will wait to hear.

Thanks

1 Like

Shw mae Aran, I’m on the penultimate week of the 6 month Welsh course and want to say a huge thank you to the team and my fellow learners. I have tried and failed to learn Welsh in the past. I never got to the point of being able to have a conversation with anyone, but I broke through that barrier and felt confident enough to chat at the party in Caerfyrddin.
I am thoroughly enjoying the process and its challenges and looking forward to whatever comes next. I have also upgraded to the Polyglot subscription as I want to learn Spanish and revive my very rusty French.
Diolch yn fawr iawn i gyd.

9 Likes

That’s so fantastic to hear - diolch o galon and llongyfarchiadau mawr! Are you coming to the 10th birthday party next year? :slight_smile:

I am. Deposit paid and accommodation booked. So looking forward to it.

2 Likes

Are you thinking about Catalan by any chance?

2 Likes

My daughter is trying to subscribe but she says the website has the price at £10 a month, which she can’t afford. Has the price gone up early, or can she still get in at £3.95?

I have just subscribed for £3.95 a minute ago. If you try to access Level 3 it shows not available as Premium content. You can then subscribe Welsh or Polyglot. Pob lwc.

2 Likes

Thanks. I’ll have a look. Maybe she’s looking at the wrong thing. Strange, because she’s usually smarter than her mum…

1 Like