Tatjana - progress reports

YAY! Mae @elizabeth_j_corbett_ yn yma! :smiley:

I’ve added you on skype on the basis of your Skype name you’ve provided here already so you just have to confirm sharing info yet. Tuesday 10th would be fine, why not but evening is my time unfortunately - at 7pm my time (if you’re still in UK then 6 pm your time) or then at 9 pm my time (8 pm UK time). You tell what more suits you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

How about 8pm my time?

I have been sending messages to someone on Skype who I thought was you! Can you private message me your Skype details?

Let’s see who that was. I’m not online at the moment or I could be shown as I am as I have Skype on tablet and on computer.

EDIT
I definately did not get messages but I’ve sent you Skype request. I appear as tatjanaprelog or Tatjana Prelog KnightGhost, my skype email thoughttalking(at)hotmail.com

Can it be you have two acounts (which are not connected) and you are not even aware of?

Hi Tatiana,

I’m looking on my IPad and my MacBook. I don’t have a contact request and. Yes, I’ve been sending requests to the wrong person. I’ll try again with the details provided.

I have just sent a request to Tatjana Prelog with a picture of yellow tulips? It looks like you!

O, no … the picture is the same as on my SSi profile. You couldn’t miss it. I’m tatjanaprelog written together

On a screenshot you can see my profile picture and that I’ve re-sent you the request according to data you’ve provided here in thsi topic.

Well, here we are. My week off is over and I am trying to make a wrap on it. What to say? There was no particular activities in Cymraeg direction regarding listening, watching etc. I’ve listened to some music on radio and SoundCloud but nothing more and I did vocab lesson every day except yesterday and today. Today I’ve listened (only listened though) to Lesson 25 of Course 2 and the purpose of it was searching for the differences inbetween Cymraeg gog and Cymraeg de in order to prepare a bit for a kind of special conversation vis Skype. But about this a bit later …

This week was extra rich with Skype conversations and I can be only happy for this. I’ve had conversations with @stella, @margaretnock, @brigitte twice (one (now I already can say this) regular and one out of schedule :slight_smile: ) and with @ramblingjohn just about an hour or so ago. Every session was about an hour long and in most of them about an hour of Cymraeg was spoken so I can be satisfied.

Each and every conversation was different and interesting but it almost never was in a range of lessons but rather beyond this which many times caused me a challenge (but I’m usually guilty to get off track - hehe), what is also not just good but very good (umm … well … as long as you can still pear into gairadur once or twice on a session because you just didn’t learn the word yet) …

Each and every one of those I’ve sponek to, have their own way of conversing and with each of them I could talk about different things so I can say I practically didn’t “ymarfer” but rather had a proper chat (mostly) in Cymraeg almost similar to one I could have in a cafe sitting with someone at the table with the cup of coffee (yah, you can have whatever I’m always for coffee though) and talk.

The conversation with @ramblingjohn was but something special because I wanted to ask him so many things we both didn’t learn yet but just didn’t have enough of vocabulary to do so. So we decided we’d siarad next month again and I hope our conversations would become those on a regular basis in which we can learn from each other …

I admit I was a bit awkward today as I all of a sudden forgot even words I should know already but it will surely go smoother and smoother every next time. It might very well be I’ve invented some new structures which actually don’t exist in Cymraeg in wish to be understood in what I wanted to say. …

I hope I and @elizabeth_j_corbett_ (@elizabeth_jane) will manage to establish skype “connection” for our sgwrs tomorrow. I find her as way advanced learner so it might be there will be moments of silence from me in conversation again, but surely not as much silence as I provided in first ever conversation with Margaret. In comparison with conversation with @aran, Aran’s one was rain of words against that first one with Margaret, really. :slight_smile: Why (really) I was silent that time, I really don’t know now. - hehe

So, back to work tomorrow, some listening to Cymraeg stuff on the bus and vocab lesson at the evening + conversation with Elizabeth is tomorrow’s plan but you never know what more can unexpectedly be added to this schedule. :slight_smile:

Thank you all for taking your time and talking with me and I’m sorry if I might disapoint someone as one would maybe think I’m more advanced learner then I appeared to be when having the conversation.

Diolch yn fawr iawn i chi bawb!
Hwyl!
:slight_smile:

4 Likes

Tatjana, I’m very happy for you about how much you seem to be using your Cymraeg. I can’t help but think what a blessing skype is, really, it’s able to connect us with people from all over the world and let us use the language that we’re learning even though we don’t live in the country where it’s spoken. I’m very happy that you’re talking to so many new people, even advanced learners! I’m a big fan of ramblingjohn’s photography and his knowledge of some specific areas of the Welsh vocabulary:)

4 Likes

Llywyddiant! I have responded to your friend request. Looking forward to talking to you tonight. But, paid â Phoenix! “I find her as way advanced learner.” I am not that advanced! There will be silences on my end too. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ja, ja … sure :slight_smile: I can’t imagine that to happen. :slight_smile:

I think that just became my all-time favourite auto-correct… :sunny:

Yes indeed, paid â Phoenix! :heart:

5 Likes

:slight_smile: Do you know what’s the best part @aran? That I didn’t even notice that “x” at the end.

Hilarious! :slight_smile:

Ac … ja (I know this isn’t Cymraeg one, but still) … Bydda i ddim yn poeni (becso - hehe).

1 Like

Dw i’n credu, fyddwch chi ddim anghofio ‘chwerthin amdani’.

I’m just so impressed that you didn’t switch to English.
I understood a lot of what you said, and of course it was a joy when you understood me.
If we were sitting on a Welsh beach at the weekend, we could communicate
a chwerthin am beth dan ni ddim yn deall

I must admit i find skyping a bit awkward, as i feel my command of welsh is no where near good enough to really help people (but without practicing i won’t get better).
And i probably completely confused you when i said wyt ti’n medru gweld yr ffenest neges. (can you see the message window).
Did you find the bits i texted while talking useful or a distraction.

Of course between now and next month, you can email me any subjects, words or phrases you would like us to use next time.
Rhaid i mi dweud, diolch iawn am dy gymni di, bydd i’n edrych ymlaen i siarad efoch di (gyda ti) mis nesaf.

Cheers J.P.

2 Likes

See you at 8 my time.

1 Like

Yah, you did at first. :smiley:

They were super useful! Will read them sometimes to remember what I didn’t know or I couldn’t remember.

Diolch am i’r sgwrs i ti hefyd. Dwi’n disgwl ymlaen i siarad gyda ti mis nesa eto.

Thank you! And why should I. Well I always have a word or two in English in conversation though but I try to stick with Cymraeg as much as I can, rather go around with more words as once instructed then just say the English word at once.

Dwi’n credu eto.

Thanks once again for talking to me.

Here comes some more as busy week continues.

First of all I and @elizabeth_j_corbett_ (@elizabeth_jane) finally managed to exchange our Skype data at last and had pleasant conversation yesterday. Almost one hour long talk passed so quickly I hardly could believe it’s true. I understood almost everything (at least I think I did) and for this part I can be satisfied.

Thank you Elizabeth for taking the time and talking to me. I hope I can look forward to another one conversation in time.

All those conversations I had last and this week I find super useful but i found myself being a bit off track with the Challenges and vocab lessons since I rather try to properly siarad and not planned amarfer and my memory for that part seams to give away again.

Said this I came to the end of set of first 7 Challenges of Level 2 today (I didn’t do it yesterday as all of a sudden I was too tired). since @aran provided us with another (7th) Challenge (Southern) yesterday but found myself forgettng things I should already well known also because they were (are) said so many times during the lessons.

As you will see, the marks for this set of Challenges are not as good as thse from vocab lessons … Let’s see them then …

Level 2 Challenges 1-7 (south)

Stats first:
C1 = 63 %
C2 = 24 %
C3 = 14 %
C4 = 30 %
C5 = 27 %
C6 = 27 %
C7 = 32 %

As you can see only Challenge 1 I could do with higher then 50 % all the rest were not more then 32 %.

Alltogether impression is also only 30 %.

I found myself always when doing a Challenge the material seams so new to me despite I am told to say one particular sentence over and over again. The structure like “are these your children” seam to me like they’d just come to visit our planet and when I think I finally remembered them I realize I didn’t at all.

It seams like I have the same problems over and over again no matter how much I speak, how much I listen and how much (however not much in deed) I write or read …

You have had a number of Welsh conversations in the last few weeks, which have shown that you speak Welsh.

Language is about communicating, not playing word games perfectly. The lessons are NOT DESIGNED to be played perfectly - if you could get them all right, they would be wasting your time. The bits you don’t get right are where the learning happens.

It is fine and normal that you don’t get 100%. Your English isn’t perfect either, but that doesn’t stop you from communicating successfully.

And these are NEW challenges! NEW challenges are meant to be difficult!

:sunny:

Yes agreed about everything you have just written and - happily for both of us my aim surely isn’t.lessons to be 100% correct. I just wanted to point oout how forgetful I really am.

Oh, yes, and my English is far from perfect and might be I invented quite many unexistable things, too.

I know new challenges are designed to be taugh and I take them as they are hardly waiting for new ones to burst out…

“Unexistable” is quite a novel word, but we all understand what you mean!

1 Like

Haha! One more of my inventions then …

(O boy, how many of them I produced already then? - :smiley:)