Tetbury, Gloucestershire - Conversation Group

Hello, I was wondering if there are any other learners in or around Tetbury, Gloucestershire? If so it would be good to hear from you and consider if we could help each other by forming a conversation group.

Many thanks,

Francis

3 Likes

Wotton-under-Edge?

Hello Francis, If you are still looking for people to chat with in Welsh, I live in the North Cotswolds and would welcome the opportunity to practice. Best wishes, Anne.

Hello Tony. Sorry I’m months late in replying but my account had gone funny. Do you meet with others in Wotton?

Hello Anne. Sorry about the delay but I’ve had some account problems I think. How far north are you?

Hello Francis, I’m in Bourton (O-T-W).

Francis is at Bwtcamp with us this week, but still keen to find other Welsh speakers/learners in the area.

I’m near Dursley

Sorry I just saw your message. If you would like us to explore meeting up or maybe chatting online / by phone please contact me (by DM if you prefer).

Hi Deborah, so sorry I didn’t see your message sooner. Hopefully Francis will get in touch.

1 Like

I’ve discovered that there is a monthly meet in Hawkes House, Thornbury 2-p m Wed 30 October- that’s a nice easy drive for me.

Yep, next meet in Thornbury at Hawkes House is next Wednesday the 30th at 14:30. A bit of a way from Tetbury I know, but not so far from Wotton/Dursley etc.

I live in Tetbury and am interested in a group.

Andy Woolley

Hello Andy,
I live in the North Cotswolds and definitley need more Welsh conversation. I’d be happy to meet up somewhere to sgwrsio.

email me on cwrtogwen.bythesea@gmail.com if still interested in a Tetbury meet up. We could meet the Royal Oak or one of the other pubs or in the daytime at Café 53. Andy

Hi there,
I live in Yate and would be interested in this meetup once the current situation resolves itself !
I’m a beginner at Mynediad Level currently learning with Dysgu Cymraeg Coleg Gwent and just starting to use this site. Are the meet ups always in the daytime ?

Sorry, I thought I was posting in ‘Cornel y Siaradwyr’ which is the group in Thornbury. That group does meet in the daytime on the last Wednesday of the month at 14:30, so always in the daytime. March was cancelled but plan to hold a Zoom chat for April (on the 29th at 14:30).

Helo, new member here. I live in the Forest of Dean, but was interested in your chats about conversation practise. Did you sort anything online (especially with the current situation)? I’m thinking it would be nice to be in a group, even though online, that live in my general area.

Hello and thanks for the email. I’m afraid nothing really came from my last call as I think face to face groups already exist in Bristol, Gloucester and Chepstow, all of which are really too far for me on a casual after work basis. Also now that Nia is doing more on-line work on Slack for all of SSiW that already provides an online presence for those who want it. However if you wanted to chat over Zoom or something similar I’d be happy to join in.

Hi Francis,

Are you still in Tetbury as I am? I’m sure with the replies above we could get a group up round here. Maybe starting on zoom at first during the current situation.

Andy

cwrtogwen.bythesea@gmail.com