SSi Forum

The '5 Minutes' Test - recordings

Well done to @robert-stephens, @Den and @alison-11! You’re really pushing yourselves there, which is fantastic work!

@cath-h - sorry, but something’s not quite right there. When you’re in SoundCloud, can you see a ‘share’ button or link? You need to click that, then you get the link to paste in here.

were any of y’all sweating while recording this for no reason at all? join the club

We love Llandeilo! Our family do too. I am originally from west London but moved here in 2006 after over 40 years of holidays all over Wales. Hubby comes from Trinidad.
Braf cwrdd â chi :slightly_smiling_face: Nice to meet you

Da iawn @jake-bridges! And I didn’t hear any swearing at all :wink::grin:

da iawn, clir iawn, cymraeg yn dda iawn

Testing as I want to crack this soundcloud business!

And so you have! :star2:

Here are my very hesitant and slightly Brummy sentences
Listen to Helen’s (not) 5 min sentence challenge by Helen S #np on #SoundCloud

Brilliant!!

Loving the full use of vocab, I just went blank when recording!

da iawn!Diolch yn fawr for sharing :slight_smile:

cringe Hope the link works!

Da iawn @jonathanackland! Nothing to cringe about there :star2:

Listen to Sounds from Monday night by Myf #np on #SoundCloud

Hope this has worked,
Anne Pearce

Listen to 2nd sentences by Myf #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/user-474695391/2nd-sentences/s-UYUM
Fingers crossed again, please let me know if there is something wrong with my post.
Anne Pearce

Sorry if some awful music starts playing after my sentences, I don’t know how to get rid of it!

I had about 30 seconds before my toddler arrived home to try and record my 5 minutes. After a long weekend away for Easter (without wifi), my mind went horrendously blank, so there’s a fair bit of mumbling, stopping and starting and a random bit of English (sorry!)…I couldn’t work out how to edit out the English and the abandoned sentence so that it flowed comprehensively, so I’m sorry about that, I think at the moment I’m just happy to be getting some sounds out…and now I really have no idea how to share the link, so here goes with a bit of old school copy and pasting! https://soundcloud.com/a-green_homefarm/5-minuter/s-JDkwR

That looks like it isn’t working…I can’t seem to get the recording off of being “private” but the sharing function had given me a link to share it privately so I’d hoped I’d got it right…back to google…

That worked fine for me. I just clicked on the link and it opened up as a private file, but inside my SoundCloud account so I heard you loud and clear. Your Welsh is coming along great!