The '5 Minutes' Test - week 6 **Going PINK** šŸ’® (Badges Awarded Mondays)

I didnā€™t realise there was a ā€œrewardā€ up for grabs. Go on then, Iā€™ve done it. Badge me. :smile:

5 Likes

Not likely as many of those who posted the magic word donā€™t have the badge yet. As I can see theyā€™re goven manually what means someone presumed youā€™ve done the test successfully and gave you one. As you see I donā€™t have it either but Iā€™ve posted in thsi thread although it was not the magic word Iā€™ve posted also.

1 Like

Done! :blush:

Glad Iā€™m not the only one. Done

2 Likes

Done, yippee!

Done it (kind of, I think). It took a couple of minutes, but I did get confused over ā€œthat I needā€ - I went with something like ā€œMae hyn 'na 'r peth dw i angenā€ and then came back here to see @aranā€™s reference to ā€œboā€™ fi angenā€. So now Iā€™m trying to figure out what kind of structure was intended - something like ā€œWnaeth o dweud wrtha fi boā€™ fi angen mynd iā€™r gwaithā€, or what?

2 Likes

I managed it! Most of my babbling was about singing and eating, because those were the two verbs I happened to remember, but hey, if it counts! :smiley:

The two that I got stuck on were ā€œThat I needā€ and ā€œIā€™d like toā€, but I got them out in the end.

2 Likes

I kind of did it in less than 5 mins (actually less than 4 mins) but Iā€™m all of a sudden not sure with ā€œIā€™d like toā€ and ā€œI wantedā€ Whatever I said to be like ā€œI wantedā€ it didnā€™t sound right to me and I used simple future tense for ā€œIā€™d like toā€ ā€¦ I couldnā€™t remember any better ā€¦ so I guess this doesnā€™t really count as something of success me thinks ā€¦

And besides ā€¦ I found out with this that the more you think would you say things correctly, the less you actually say ā€¦ so to blurt something out is the best solutiion (at least from my point of view). :slight_smile:

What was my babling about? Most about doing something or meeting someone. Obviously I work too much these days and there would not be much rest after Christmas until New year either ā€¦ :slight_smile:

3 Likes

At least you read the English properly! I read it as ā€œthat I neededā€.

For that I need I went for something like ā€œdw iā€™n siŵr boā€™ fi angen mynd iā€™r siop ondā€¦ā€

1 Like

Too excellent pursuits!! Definitely counts! Da iawn!!

Iā€™m a refusenik a la Rob so farā€¦:wink:

Oh, ahem, good pointā€¦ :wink:

Thatā€™s the spirit!

Weā€™re giving a lot of thought to a bunch of ways to help people assess their progress in valuable waysā€¦:slight_smile:

That would be fine - as would your ā€˜Hyn ydiā€™r peth dw i angenā€™ - donā€™t fret about the details with thisā€¦ :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Done and done!

2 Likes

Just seen the thread as I was having a coffee
Done it!!:blush:
It would be fun to have more of these quick tests
Nadolig Llawen

4 Likes

Da iawn pawb!!! Llwyddiant Nadoligaidd!

Daliwch ati

Curious - can a person sport just one badge at a time or can there be more than one?

The little colourful bits that sit on top of profile photos - nope, just one at a time.

However, there is a badging system that we could turn on that would let people have multiple badges - but other people would have to click on their name to see their badges, which seems a bit less obvious/encouragingā€¦

1 Like

wedi gorffenā€¦ a Nadolig Llawen i chi gyd!

2 Likes

Done.

2 Likes

Dw i wedi gwneud o. Nadolig Llawen!

2 Likes

Better this than nothing. Anyway ā€¦ thereā€™s not much space arond the icon to squeze all there. Iā€™d say badges visible in the profile and on the visit card is just enough to encourage those who are the competitive souls and not put down those who might be frustrated with comparing themselves to others and have a feeling they didnā€™t acheave as much as they appearently (from their point of view though) should. Iā€™d say letā€™s take both aspects into considderation. The latest badge earned visible with the icon would be just enough I believe.

2 Likes