The '5 Minutes' Test - week 6 **Going PINK** 💼 (Badges Awarded Mondays)

Done it (kind of, I think). It took a couple of minutes, but I did get confused over “that I need” - I went with something like “Mae hyn 'na 'r peth dw i angen” and then came back here to see @aran’s reference to “bo’ fi angen”. So now I’m trying to figure out what kind of structure was intended - something like “Wnaeth o dweud wrtha fi bo’ fi angen mynd i’r gwaith”, or what?

2 Likes

I managed it! Most of my babbling was about singing and eating, because those were the two verbs I happened to remember, but hey, if it counts! :smiley:

The two that I got stuck on were “That I need” and “I’d like to”, but I got them out in the end.

2 Likes

I kind of did it in less than 5 mins (actually less than 4 mins) but I’m all of a sudden not sure with “I’d like to” and “I wanted” Whatever I said to be like “I wanted” it didn’t sound right to me and I used simple future tense for “I’d like to” 
 I couldn’t remember any better 
 so I guess this doesn’t really count as something of success me thinks 

And besides 
 I found out with this that the more you think would you say things correctly, the less you actually say 
 so to blurt something out is the best solutiion (at least from my point of view). :slight_smile:

What was my babling about? Most about doing something or meeting someone. Obviously I work too much these days and there would not be much rest after Christmas until New year either 
 :slight_smile:

3 Likes

At least you read the English properly! I read it as “that I needed”.

For that I need I went for something like “dw i’n siĆ”r bo’ fi angen mynd i’r siop ond
”

1 Like

Too excellent pursuits!! Definitely counts! Da iawn!!

I’m a refusenik a la Rob so far
:wink:

Oh, ahem, good point

That’s the spirit!

We’re giving a lot of thought to a bunch of ways to help people assess their progress in valuable ways

That would be fine - as would your ‘Hyn ydi’r peth dw i angen’ - don’t fret about the details with this

6 Likes

Done and done!

2 Likes

Just seen the thread as I was having a coffee
Done it!!:blush:
It would be fun to have more of these quick tests
Nadolig Llawen

4 Likes

Da iawn pawb!!! Llwyddiant Nadoligaidd!

Daliwch ati

Curious - can a person sport just one badge at a time or can there be more than one?

The little colourful bits that sit on top of profile photos - nope, just one at a time.

However, there is a badging system that we could turn on that would let people have multiple badges - but other people would have to click on their name to see their badges, which seems a bit less obvious/encouraging

1 Like

wedi gorffen
 a Nadolig Llawen i chi gyd!

2 Likes

Done.

2 Likes

Dw i wedi gwneud o. Nadolig Llawen!

2 Likes

Better this than nothing. Anyway 
 there’s not much space arond the icon to squeze all there. I’d say badges visible in the profile and on the visit card is just enough to encourage those who are the competitive souls and not put down those who might be frustrated with comparing themselves to others and have a feeling they didn’t acheave as much as they appearently (from their point of view though) should. I’d say let’s take both aspects into considderation. The latest badge earned visible with the icon would be just enough I believe.

2 Likes

That’s an interesting point that’s worth some thought

I’m not sure if that’s possible, unfortunately

1 Like

I believe I have now (belatedly) joined the club. Most of my sentences seemed to contain stuff about symud i Gymru [moving to Wales] and Flwyddyn nesa’ [next year].

So I guess that’s me wedi ymrwymo [commited] then :smile:

Edited to say Done it! as the above only implied this indirectly.

5 Likes

Wedi’i wneud! Roedd hynny’n hawdd - pryd yw’r her nesa??

2 Likes

Oh, well, I thought they automatically change as you earn new one. Unfortunately I’m not that familiar with the software to know though.

1 Like

Done it.

4 Likes