The 'Please add me to the SSiW map' thread 🗺

Hi, can you please add me to the map. I’m in Westhay, Somerset :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Helo pawb!

I’ve been using the SSiW-app on my Android phone for a few months now, but I am reaching a point where I want my learning experience to become more interactive, so I signed up for the forum.

Please add me to the map, I live in Essen, Germany.

Diolch yn fawr!

4 Likes

Helo

I’d like to be added to the map please. I am in Kelmscott, Western Australia.

Diolch yn fawr!

2 Likes

Sionned,

I would like to be added as well.
Claremont, CA USA
lat, long of 34.11, -117.71

Diolch yn fawr

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum, Hendrik! And everyone else… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Croeso @Hendrik, @Blake, and @Richard_R It is very friendly and full of helpful people! Try the "Really useful ‘How to stuff’ and other great posts’ thread and browse down subjects. ‘What’s outside’ is good for the great outdoors!

3 Likes

Hi,
I’m new here. Can you please add me to the map too (Brighouse, West Yorkshire, UK).
Many thanks

2 Likes

Please add me to the map. I’m in Bloomington, Minnesota, USA. Thank you!

2 Likes

Please add me the SSiW map. Alpraham (Near Tarporley), Cheshire.

Diolch yn fawr.

2 Likes

Croeso - Welcome to the Forum!

2 Likes

Hi,

Could I please be added to the map (Galway city, Ireland) . Having another go at Welsh via SSIW and any local connection would be helpful! If anyone within range of Galway happens to be reading this feel free to contact me. I am only (re)starting Level 1 SSIW but have some previous experience of studying Welsh (WLPAN) so am not entirely a beginner.

Diolch yn fawr!

Dominic

3 Likes

Hi Sioned
Can you please add me to the map. I live in Llanfihangel Yng Ngwynfa, Powys, Wales, postcode SY22 5JD
Diolch yn fawr.

2 Likes

Hi, would you add me to the map please? I am in Tacoma, Washington, USA.

Diolch yn fawr!

3 Likes

Croeso @ChrisMooreddrall

1 Like

Shw mae ffrindiau
Dai FlakMwnci dw i
I would love to be added to the SSI map if possible please :slight_smile:
googlemaps 51.608584, -3.408574

Rhondda valley :wink:

Diolch yn fawr

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to seeing @Sionned , our map wizard next week and will make sure she sees your request. :smile:

2 Likes

Bendigedig, Diolch yn fawr Hewrop :smile:

2 Likes

A friend informs me that my above comment is thus

Hello the friends
Dai housing a Flakmwnci

saysomethinginWelsh is :-
Laugh and talk about your mistakes x)
My name is Dai
my nickname is Flakmwnci
Dw I’n dysgu siarad Cymraeg ond Dim cofio (I try to learn but remember nothing because I’m crap)
I’ve learnt more in an hour on this website than 10 years of perusing books (some words have stuck though) but that memory test link earlier I scored 4 x) Educated electronic engineer with the memory of a tadpole x) stick with these lessons but if you struggle, pause is your friend :slight_smile:
The name Flak Monkey comes from my nickname when I used to play a game called unreal tournament, I just use what I think is the Welsh version. I’ve never released videos of my gameplay. Is popty ping a microwave? x :smiley:

I think your friend is pulling your leg. What you put in your first post reads as ‘Hello friends, I’m Dai FlakMwnci’. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Croeso Dai! Aged female retired Chemist/Health Physicist here, with similar memory. Rubbish at languages at school, but managed to pick up enough French to get by when in Paris for the rugby. Learned/forgot/re-learned/re-forgot Welsh and found SSiW when keen to re-re-learn enpugh to find S4C not a complete mystery! This is a very helpful Forum!

1 Like