The 'Please add me to the SSiW map' thread šŸ—ŗ

Oh! OH!!! Are you in the Welsh Speaking Practice group? I so want to speak Welsh to someone in central Chile!

3 Likes

For some reason I hadnā€™t noticed the map yet!!!

Well I really canā€™t define myself ā€œWelsh speakerā€ but if this is meant for ā€œanyone wanting to try and speak some Welsh with someone elseā€, please add me to the map (am I supposed to tag @Sionned?)

Iā€™m in Torino/Turin, Italy (towards the south of the city, between Torino Football Team Stadium and Fiat plant - that you can probably easily spot on the map).

Iā€™m also astonished to find out that I might be able to drink a martini (according to the marker shape!?) with a Welsh speaker just a few miles away from here. :astonished:
How can I guess who that is?

2 Likes

If you click on the image, you should get that userā€™s forum nameā€¦ :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks. Wel, I clicked on the martini glass and I get an userā€™s name: gabcor25. But it has no link to a user account and if I search it in the users list, I canā€™t find it.

Might it be @gabycortinas, the voice of SSi Spanish?

3 Likes

This map was started on the ā€œold forumā€ (the cocktail glass marker was only used there, though people have kept them when we moved here) and some of the people on it either changed names when we moved to this ā€œnewā€ forum (now several years ago I think) or have dropped off. I am happy to change the name and/or move markers for people who change their names and/or move, but they need to tell me!

Iā€™ve added you to the map now. Thanks!

2 Likes

I really donā€™t know, Iā€™ve been here just for a month and donā€™t know many paople. But maybe someone else does (or now you tagged him he will magically appear!) :wink:

I believe Helen is correct that it is Gaby Cortinas, though I havenā€™t seen him here for some time.

1 Like

That is indeed the wonderful @gabycortinas - who is kind enough to help often when people ask questions about Spanish - so he will see this at some point, and will probably be very glad to hear thereā€™s a Welsh learner nearby! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Please add me to the SSiW map - Castlegar, British Columbia, Canada. Thanks, Ray

2 Likes

That looks like a gorgeous area, Ray!

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

That was a typically enthusiastic and lovely offer, Bronwen, and thank you for making it - Iā€™m sure weā€™ll get there in the end, though, as we carry on collecting new and interesting people in new and interesting countriesā€¦ :slight_smile:

1 Like

For the record, I donā€™t think you or anyone else on here is odd!
Please accept my apologies - that is completely not what I meant at all.

2 Likes

Dear Sionned

As the thread title says, ā€˜please add me to the SSiW mapā€™: Iā€™m at TN223DA.

Many thanks,

Sally

3 Likes

That looks like a Kent addressā€¦ Maybe Kent numbers are swelling due to the influence (especially in second-hand shops and bookshops) of a certain SSiW speaker/learner known in the annals, the Ancient Chronicles of the 6mws course, as Gerald of Birchingtonā€¦

Hi Sioned, please include me on the map. My name is David Gloster and I live in Germany. The name of the town is UNTERHACHING and itā€™s just south of Munich in Bavaria. I signed up for the Polyglott access. Thanks!

3 Likes

Evening, Sionned:
It was great to meet you at NAFOW! When you have time could you please add me to the map. Zipcode in US is 19968 - Milton, Delaware.

Diolch in fawr iawn

3 Likes

Hi can you add me to the map - a very early learner lol in Chapel en le Frith x

4 Likes

Gallai cael adio iā€™r map os gwelwch yn dda? Dwiā€™n rhugl mewn Cymraeg a dwiā€™n byw yn Asheville, Gogledd Carolina.

Diolch!

3 Likes