The 'Please add me to the SSiW map' thread šŸ—ŗ

Oh yes, Aran, that is a VERY lovely area.

@marylangridge - Kia ora! Iā€™ve put you on the map; let me know if I need to adjust the location any.

1 Like

Hi Sioned - Llandecwyn is just along the road towards Maentwrog, about a mile from Talsarnau. Yes remove me from Leeds!

Nac. As I see, username can not be changed so the ā€œtatjanaprelogknightgā€ remains ā€¦ However you did it great on the map. Diolch yn fawr.

Diolch Sionned! Can you explain why some people have different colour pointers?
My location seems fine & you were very quick!! I will zoom a bit to see, but I certainly canā€™t complain!!

The different colors of the ā€˜standardā€™ pins on the maps donā€™t really signify anything. I just try to keep it mixed up so that it is easier to see how many there are and to make it more interesting looking! As was explained earlier in this thread (my first post in the thread), the different types of markers (cocktail glasses, suns, etc.) do mean different things, or did.

Sā€™mae Sionned,

Could you put me in at Abingdon, Oxfordshire (England), OX14 3HG
(Thatā€™s the postcode of the centre of the town (more or less), not my personal one :slight_smile: ).

(subscribing member).

Diolch o flaen llaw. :slight_smile:

Shwmae Sionned. Could you plant a flag in Laugharne please. - Diolch Bill Thompson

Shwmae Sionned
please could you put me on the map in Cyncoed Cardiff , Diolch . Steve

Hello. Iā€™ve found myself on the SSiW map but the location seems to be somewhere about 30 km to the East of my actual location here in Melbourne.
Not that it really matters. Iā€™m just trying to reacquaint myself with the forum - havenā€™t used it for several months.

Dave

@Sioned - Hi, please put me on the map, Iā€™m in Bethesda, Gwynedd. LL57 diolch. Renee

@davidjones_6 - which marker in the area is yours? (The name is apparently different than the one you have here now.) And can you give me a little more information about where it should be located? You can put it in a PM (private message) if you like. Thanks!

@Sioned, could you move me please? We were living in Barry but have moved to Mynydd Y Garreg - SA17 4RJ if that helps :smile: My pin is ā€˜Ellaā€™, which is fine. Thanks in advance

I am very confused! Is it here that I ask to be added to the map?
Thanks
Jackie, Stockport

@jackiebarker - yes, here is a great place to ask to be added to the map. Or you (or anyone) can send me a private message if you prefer. The main bits of information I need are your name on this forum (which I will get in either case just from your message) and where you live. A few people have actually added locations to their profile, but that is so few that I canā€™t depend on that to help me. If you donā€™t tell me where to put the marker (a city name, a street address - as detailed, or not, as you wish) I donā€™t have a clue where to put you and will have to ask for more information, or just wait.

Iā€™ve added a marker for you, Jackie, somewhere in Stockport. If you would like the location adjusted any, just let mek now.

Grumpf. And I have only just discovered that Google, in all its ā€œwisdom,ā€ has translated all my maps to their new ā€œmap engineā€ - without so much as a ā€œby your leave.ā€ Grr. This may take me a little while to get up to speed on, but Iā€™ll get new markers on (and adjust old ones) as quickly as I can.

Ugh - very sorry indeed to hear thatā€¦ :frowning:

Hi Sionned! Would you please add me to your map? I am in Hideaway, Texas, 75771. Thank you!

Hello! Would you please add me in Valley Village, California (area code 91607)? Thanks very much!

1 Like

Woe betide me! My champagne glass is gone! Thank you Messrs Googleā€¦

The weird thing is, on my map all the markers are (now) the same as they were, but somehow when they translate to here, the markers on all but the Wales one have changed to all white things. I keep trying to convince it to go back, and will continue to do sol