The 'Please add me to the SSiW map' thread šŸ—ŗ

Strange! Thank you for trying!

From what I can see (so far) although they appear to have ā€œupgradedā€ all the maps where I work on them, the two that still have only the white markers have not been upgraded here. I keep trying to get them to really upgrade, but so far, eh.

1 Like

Hi Sionned! Could you please add me to your map? I am in Tonbridge, Kent - TN9 1HW. Diolch yn fawr! Andrew Manston.

Oh, no kidding? Thatā€™s rather lovely, because a (very) long time ago I went to school thereā€¦ :sunny:

Howā€™s the old place keeping?!

@Sionned. Thank you for all your hard work with the maps. Please would you change my name gorwelgwynedd to my proper name - Carys Tew. Is there any way of finding out if ā€˜Dai bachā€™ (also in York) is a current, active member? His name has been there for the last few years, but I have not managed to track him down.

Carys - I usually use the forum name (which in your case is gorwelgwynedd) so that people can be looked up more easily on the forum. How 'bout I split the difference and put your proper name in parentheses after that?

As for ā€œDai Bachā€ - Iā€™m not sure. His last post on the old forum was in 2009, though it says he was actively reading as recently as last March. Perhaps you should just make a general post ā€œsearching for Dai Bachā€ or maybe just ā€œLooking for others in Yorkā€.

1 Like

@Sionned. Thatā€™s fine. Diolch.

Please can you add me to the map? Thank you

Sorry forgot to say Iā€™m in Woodford. IG8 9DD.
Thanks again!

Hi, please add me to the map in Germany at
Frankfurt am Main / Bornheim - diolch

Can you add me please??
Blaenau FFestiniog

Diolch
Alan

Hello everyone.

Iā€™m David, a newish Welsh learner (just finished lesson 5 of the introductory course) living in Warwick, Warwickshire, UK!

Iā€™d be grateful if you could put me on the map, please, Sionned.

Pob hwyl
D

Sā€™mae David?

I am not far from you, in Studley near Redditch! We have two SSIW meetups per month nearby, in Dorridge 2nd Monday of the month and in Solihull 4th Saturday of the month. You would be most welcome! PM me for details if you are interested. If you fancy getting together for practise, that could be arranged as well, either via Skype or at a convenient hostelry.

Hwyl,

Stu

Hi Stu.

Sorry for the slow reply. Weā€™ve already met. Iā€™m the David who came to the Dorridge meet-up in November. That was a Wednesday evening. Has it changed to the second Monday of the month? Or is there a meet-up tomorrow (second Wednesday)?

Iā€™m hoping to get along to Solihull on the 24th. See you then, I hope.

Hwyl,
David

Heia David!

Right, I did wonder! Yes, the Dorridge meetup is now on the second Monday of the month. The Solihull meetup has not changed though, so we look forwards to seeing you again soon.

Hwyl,

Stu

Hi everyone!

What an amazing way to learn Welsh! Please add me to the SSIW map. Iā€™m in Woking (GU22 7DN), Surrey.

Diolch!

Paul

1 Like

Hi Sionned,

I was told to post on here to get put onto the google map of Welsh speakersā€¦so here I am!

1 Like

@jaderayne - I will be delighted to put you on the map, where should I put you? ( I donā€™t know where you are located. You may have put your location in when you signed up, but I donā€™t have access to that.) Thanks!

@pauldicks - youā€™re on the map!

2 Likes

Thank you! I am located in Ridgefield Washington, USA

Hi Sionned :slight_smile:
Could you put me on the map pleaseā€¦
Priory St., Carmarthen
Diolch xx