The SSi Growth Club

This one plays havoc with my ocd, you’ve labelled it “40” instead of “040” so it will appear after “041” when that arrives. Very picky, I know, but I won’t sleep tonight. :astonished::joy:

1 Like

Wps… [/wyneb coch]

1 Like

Have you (the Joneses, @aran and @CatrinLliarJones ) been watching anything of the Olympics? It’s been very inspiring for me. Just a little idea for a 5 minute chat, either the Olympics or what inspires and drives you.

3 Likes

Good suggestion! And, er, we’d better do last week’s chat, er, tomorrow… [/red face]

2 Likes

Fixed - delete, redownload, sleep again… :slight_smile:

And, ahem, seems last week escaped me (insert excuse about trying to buy a house) - but here it is today, session 41, just a week late.

I’ll try and get two posted for you next week - er - while we’re in the Algarve with my brother - yes, I know, maybe a little optimistic, but watch this space… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks from the heart of my bottom Aran, better but now they have saved under “L” instead of “C”. I had to giggle at the thought that you did it on purpose. :joy:

2 Likes

Eh?? What does this even mean? :scream:

My phone lists everything alphabetically with all the clwb tyfu tracks saved under “C” (for Clwb) but the last two have saved under the letter “L” and I have no idea why. Paid â phoeni g’boi, mwynhewch eich gwyliau (tipyn o genfigen).

1 Like

Well, I’ve just worked out how to refresh my listings and it’s solved the problem, all the tracks are back where they should be. Diolch byth.

I think #41 is the best one yet, less chats and more arguments is the way forward. I want to hear things getting thrown next time. :joy:

2 Likes

Woooo … I didn’t listen to this one yet. Now I just have to. This should be … ummmm … fun? :slight_smile:

1 Like

You couldn’t hear them? We’ll have to reposition the microphone…:wink:

1 Like

Woopsy … :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m really wishing I could be part of the Growth Club now :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah, me too - my current budget redistribution plan has me feeling excited :smiley:

2 Likes

I’m reading a fascinating book - Welsh Myths and Legends. I’d love to hear a discussion on one or two of those. Who was Tegid the Prince and where is his village now, for instance. Why is Pennant Melangell an enduring pilgrimage. Two of my personal favourites, there are many more. Is that doable and interesting enough?

Eek - great call - we’d probably need to borrow a copy of the book first, though! I’ll bounce that off the boss…:wink:

Meanwhile, shock horror, even while we’re away, a new Growth Club, 042, is up and waiting for you all… :scream:

3 Likes

I will have finished mine soon, but it’s a Kindle version…

1 Like

This is the title? If yes I presume it’s in English, yes? And Kindle? Maybe in pair with Audibl sinchro naration? (this is new feature with Audibl by the way but not available to many titlles yet, though). Might buy it. This should really be awesome! Diolch.

EDIT

This one?

Welsh Legends and Myths

1 Like

“Welsh Legends and Myths. 80 Myths and Legends from across Wales” is the full title.
It has a lovely conversation style to it. A little research from Wikipedia suggests that some of the content has been lifted from there…or maybe the Wiki was transcribed from this book… It was on offer a little while ago and I’m embarrassed to say how much it was then. I’ve only ever seen it in Kindle - it was on the newsletter.

@Aran to present a story in the style of an interview would be interesting. Yn fy marn i.

1 Like

Thx. I’ve found it in the mean time and it’s in paperpack for $12.22 and Kindle for $3.65 on Amazon.com. I believe I’ll buy kindle edition and since I’m mostly buying via Amazon.com Smile I’ll do noble thing with purchasing too as Smile enables us to contribute to Doctors Without Borders with purchasing through it (no additional cost though). Oh, and I simply am buying through .com rather then ,co.uk because (how strange) I am not allowed to buy Kindle editions from the UK store: :slight_smile:

You have also “Look inside” enabled to have a quick reading of some stories and just reading some little portions of the book was enough for me to put it on the list.

Thank you in deed. I think I might link your post to Reading thread (or did you mention it htere already a while ago?) :slight_smile:

1 Like