The SSi Growth Club

Sorry? What? Eh? Is what right?

1 Like

The naming convention. I know these things matter to youā€¦:wink:

Wela i, it looks the same as all the others on my phone. It meets my expectations. :joy:

2 Likes

Ahem.

New Growth Club just posted.

[/red face]

And now weā€™re going to hunker down for a long old spell of recording two every Monday morning, come rain hail snow or shineā€¦ :slight_smile: :snowman2: :mountain_snow: :cloud_lightning: :cloud_rain: :rainbow:

4 Likes

Iā€™ve been dying to give this a nudge for a few days but apparently patience is a virtue (or so they say). :joy:

Glad to see youā€™ve found a quiet corner to record.

1 Like

Quiet, yes.

Warm, though, is another matterā€¦ :scream:

1 Like

You have no idea how quiet Aran and Catrins lovely new place is. Unless youā€™ve been there. Beautiful!

BTW, @aran, Iā€™ve forgotten where to find the Clwb Tyfu recordings, 'cos itā€™s been so long. Would you please post a link?!! :wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink:

Pretty please with sugar on top? Since Iā€™m new to the ā€œGrowth Clubā€ I have no idea . . .

https://www.saysomethingin.com/welsh/growth/growth10

This is where I find them, I donā€™t know if that will work for you guys.

2 Likes

Works for me! Diolch yn fawr iawn!

2 Likes

ā€¦ just in case any of your cult members were getting to the point when they might make a break for it ā€¦.
xx

1 Like

Just click on ā€˜Challengesā€™, and the Growth Club sits at the top of the navigation in a special box of its own.

Hope you heard Catrinā€™s apology. We are very sorry for the gap.

1 Like

You guys are doing a fantastic job. Loving the recordings :heart:ļø. May I respectfully suggest the interview-style idea again? Book review? Ask to interview a local farmer? Someone from the Highland Railway? Bryn? Mayor of Caernarfon? Local historian?

3 Likes

I think this would definitely add real value to it - Iā€™m just a little uncomfortable about asking people to do recordings without offering payment - this is one of the things Iā€™m hoping we can go a bit wider with in the course of next yearā€¦ :slight_smile:

1 Like

Arghgggghghghgh.

NOT fair.

I have SO done this weekā€™s Clwb Tyfu - recorded on Monday, transcribed today. AND we have a ā€˜sorryā€™ bonus for you - Catrinā€™s recorded two of her short stories for you.

And theyā€™re all sitting there. On the desktop.

Which has decided that it doesnā€™t like our local area network any more, and is quietly refusing to connect to the internet.

But itā€™s okay, Iā€™ve mostly stopped screaming now. Iā€™m going to try and figure it out tomorrow, because Catrin and I are off out for our first date night for a couple of years. Worst case scenario, if I canā€™t get the LAN to play properly tomorrow, Iā€™ll chuck them on a memory stick and upload them from this little chromebook.

I really really did them in time this week. But when youā€™re wicked for long enough, you still look wicked even when you try to be good. Which I suppose is my own faultā€¦:wink:

5 Likes

Sometimes wicked is good. :dragon: Enjoy your night off.

5 Likes

So did you enjoy your night out? or are you now screaming againā€¦?

It was a good night out - first time to ourselves for more than a couple of years, so very precious.

And then weā€™ve been hit by a birthday party today - and I havenā€™t got the LAN sorted yet - so if it doesnā€™t figure itself out, Iā€™ll do a memory stick swap first thing tomorrow morning :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes! Got the LAN fixed, apparently (to a painfully slow connection, but maybe thatā€™s something else going on).

So 48 is up and ready - and so are Catrinā€™s two ā€˜sorry!ā€™ treats for youā€¦ :slight_smile:

3 Likes