The SSi Growth Club

Oh next next week. :grinning:

2 Likes

Iā€™m just hoping the old mattress is NOT still there next weekā€¦ Just around the corner from ours is a place called Bonfire Corner (Itā€™s post-code is PO1 3NA.) - so named because they used to burn old mattresses there when they became ā€œunhygienicā€ and unfit for use becauseā€¦just because, ok? Iā€™d be happy to bring the place back to lifeā€¦all donations gratefully received, whatever the reason for their unwantedness.
Iā€™d call it a social service.

2 Likes

I used to work in that part of Portsea (outside the wall) and knew it well. Too well, perhaps, nearly forty years ago, but I never knew that was the reason for having the bonfires. Thank you for that snippet.
Iā€™ve now moved on to the Terraces. Such progress!

A couple of my neighbours were mudlarks, thereā€™s a fair bit of history still around if you know who to talk to. Do you still live near?

To keep this topic clear, DM coming shortlyā€¦

Iā€™m afraid this is still next week - weā€™ve got a girl running some nastily high temperatures here today, so zero chance of getting both of us up to the recording cornerā€¦ :frowning:

We hope sheā€™s feeling better very soon. Best wishes, Angharad Lliar!!

2 Likes

The longer the wait, the higher the expectations about that special announcementā€¦

1 Like

It is a biggyā€¦! And has now been recordedā€¦ I just have to do the transcriptā€¦ good chance of Mondayā€¦ :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Andā€¦ a mere decade or so laterā€¦ Iā€™m reliably informed that #100 is up and waiting for you.

Itā€™s been a pleasure and a privilege, folks.

Canā€™t wait for what we should be unveiling over the rest of this yearā€¦ :slight_smile: :heart:

6 Likes

Exciting times, eh?

1 Like

Yey! I canā€™t wait! Also my list of hopes for later in the year:

1. Weekly chartered flights from Australia to Cymru for weekend practice
  2. SSiGerman
  3. SSiNahuatl
  4. SSiPipil
  5. SSiMandarin.

:crazy_face::sunglasses::grinning:

1 Like

Or maybe bootcamps in Australia?.. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Or maybe bootcamps in Australia?.. :slight_smile:

YEY!!! (unless itā€™s at my place, in which case, NOOOOOOO!)

2 Likes

:laughing: :joy:

1 Like

Siarad cymreag yn Awstralia

1 Like