The SSi Growth Club

Wow. We throw this idea out there and go away for a week, and by the time we’re back there’s £390 a month in the pot.

You’re changing the future of this project. Heartfelt thanks to our magnificent 29!

If we can get to £500 a month, we should have L2 Spanish and Welsh (north and south) completed in about 5 months, and then we’ll push on with L3 (as well as the other languages that are going to be starting in the next few weeks). If we can get further than that, the timescale will come down - so it would be rather lovely if our most passionate and wonderful supporters could spread the word about this :sunny:

8 Likes

Aran, I just know by this, you like me, are jumping out of your skin at the thought of completing L3 Spanish as well as L3 Welsh - so all our dreams actually come true! A rare event in this world.

1 Like

Every month a little extra you’ll see on your PayPal acount. 10 is too little for me and 20 is just a bit too much right now, so I’ll go way around to fit what I am able give at the moment. :slight_smile:

I hardly wait to see what you prepared regarding other languages for us …

2 Likes

Now I’m only a month from my first ever ‘proper’ pay check, I’m in :smile:

6 Likes

Ooh, does that mean new job, Rachel? Llongyfarchiadau!

1 Like

£420 a month - this is turning into a game-changer :fire: :fireworks: :star2:

9 Likes

Yes! Graduated this year and will be starting a full time job in an office, thankfully no longer carrying heavy plates and trying not to spill gravy on brides! (I used to work in wedding catering in the uni breaks, brides who have red wine and/or gravy are the most stressful thing…)

5 Likes

I well remember the catering jobs - luckily we never did that many weddings! Good on you for sharing your pay cheques like this so soon in your career :slight_smile:

3 Likes

GavinM:
some of us with the best will in the world, are probably unable to make this monthly financial commitment. A suggestion…how about drawing up a system where instead of committing monthly, those of us of meagre financial means are able to make a one-off donation to SSi for any amount we can afford?

At least this way, we would be able to feel that we are making a small contribution to getting the show on the road.

I really feel there would be no need for you to offer anything in return for such donations - you already give us so much with this wonderful ssi system.

Aran:
Gavin, I hugely appreciate your support, and take your point entirely. We can already dig out a ‘donation’ link to Paypal - I’ll fiddle around and try to get a link to it in this thread (although it might end up not happening until we get back from County Durham a week on Monday)
[/quote]

Aran, any movement on this yet? I’m still waiting to make my massive donation to the cause!

3 Likes

Just suggestion: what about PayPal email? Not that I give some huge amounts but I manage to send money directly without troubles … if you’re “impatient” (don’t take me too sirious on this word, please) you can give it a try. I usually choose option as if sending money to family and friends so I can choose to pay fee along with “donation” too and it works just fine.

1 Like

Thank you for the reminder, Gavin! :star: :star2:

So, in a very quick/dirty way, here is a link which goes to a donation page…

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=34H5S6E4FYCAN

Diolch, diolch, diolch! :sunny:

3 Likes

Diolch, Aran. I have now made a small donation via this Paypal link. Hopefullly (to steal Tesco’s slogan) “Every Little Counts”!

I wish that I could afford more (or indeed, to commit myself to a monthly amount). But as an OGR (Old Git, Retired) I have to manage my finances very, very carefully!

I hope SSi goes from strength to strength. It, and you, deserve to. Pob lwc.

PS Something for your “IT wallah” …once I had made the Paypal payment, I was supposed to be directed back to the SSi webpage. But the message flashed up on screen HTTP404 “Page Not Found”.

1 Like

Agreed, when I donated through it some months ago, I encounterred the same thing but somehow (I don’t know why really) didn’t mention it here. So this redirecting really must be broken somehow. @aran drawing your attention. …

1 Like

Gavin, diolch o galon - hugely kind of you, and enormously appreciated.

Thanks about the redirect - [puts on list]… :sunny:

1 Like

Fashionably late, per my usual M.O., but I finally got my Growth Club subscription set up tonight! :blush:

Now I should go to bed or Monday will be worse than usual… :sleeping:

3 Likes

Nos da. Cysgu yn dda a breuddwydion melys. :slight_smile:

Diolch o waelod calon i ti Megan! :sunny: :thumbsup: :star: :star2: :fire:

We’re now up to £440 a month via the Growth Club, and I’ll be setting up some arrangements this week for throwing the first lump of cash at Jeff for mastering - which means that we’re going to see new lessons coming online at a faster rate in the near-ish future.

We’re also going to do the first ‘talk about the news’ recording for GC members this week - I’d promise today, but my mother is staying with us at the moment, so we’re a bit haphazard. It might happen today, though…:wink:

And although school holidays aren’t officially over until Wednesday, I’ve broken the news to Angharad Lliar and Beuno Llyn that I start back today, so it’s time to start taking action on a bunch of interesting new things. Ymlaen! :sunny:

And once again, our heartfelt thanks to everyone who’s joined the Growth Club so far - you are genuinely making stuff possible that otherwise wouldn’t have been. :heart:

7 Likes

@aran when one donates through your link posted above the payment is successful (it states before error occurs) but re-direction doesn’t work. The given message is as follows (on screenshot)

Thanks, Tatjana - we need to update the thank you page, I think! And diolch yn fawr iawn for your support :sunny: :star2:

That’s why I’ve posted the whole screenshot with all “junk” of my browser (opened windows etc …) as there’s a link on which might be corrupted.

No problem. As long as I am alive and nothing particularly bad strikes me I’ll be here for you. And If (no if - when) I hit the jackpot … you’ll see what happens then … (I’m dead sirious).

1 Like