Verbs for beginners

Doing ssiw 6 mins a day - wonderful course - but do want to brush up on verbs ( present, imperfect and future and conditional ) especially 2nd person singular and 2nd person plural and 3rd person singular. I sort of have the feeling that if one of the challenges put all these together in a 30 mins slot then I would be set for life with them . Especially if there was a concentration on the long form of ‘to be’ and simple rules for tacking endings on other verbs for short forms ( I do remember hoffwn or Hoffen as you have it ) ? Perhaps everything will come clear in next weeks or months - I am on week 59 - so a good way through. I suppose I could just look in a dictionary or grammar book - but would much prefer to look at something Ssiw puts forward as they have a knack of making things understandable?
John

Hi John,
Here’s a very good book which gives all the verbs you’ll need. As you can see in the picture, (sorry not very good, couldn’t hold the page open and photograph at the same time) acroos the top it gives the tenses, and down the left hand side it gives the 1st person singular, second person and so on.

The page I’ve photographed is for the verb ‘anghofio’ which you can’t see because I couldn’t get all the page in for the picture.
Hope this helps,

Rob.

1 Like

Thanks for that - I am a South Wales learner is it still good for me ? The reviews on Amazon by the way are terrible - but do you think it will be good for me over 1/2 way thru 6 mins a day Ssiw course ?
John

The good side of these modern methods of learning like SSiW or Duolingo is that there’s no real "right " or “wrong”. They allow each learner to find their own custom path according to what they find easier, helpful or even just more enjoyable.

I did SSiW South version. I saw this book in a shop in Wales and I decided not to buy it for two reasons:

1- in SSiW they use informal/spoken/short version forms rather than the written/more formally correct as here. And I found reading this very confusing!

1. Maybe it’s because verbs in Italian are just a nightmare, but Welsh ones seemed quite simple, once you get a grasp BOD, GWNEUD and just a handful of others work, and remember one form for each verb.
    Most pages in the book actually looked…almost identical to me!
    With time, you’ll remember also the “short forms” and the details. But in the beginning, some things are confusing like every time you learn a new thing. But you’ll remember them by the end of the course.

However, this was my experience and opinion. While you see, Rob found the book helpful, instead. So being a reasonably priced book, if I don’t remember wrong, you might just give it a try.

If you’re ok with apps and phones, I would suggest and app called ‎Welsh Verb Blitz!
(I have it on an Android phone but I think it’s available on Apple as well)

Pob Lwc!