Vespa-like scooters in Wales?

OK as we are all showing bikes, here’s a really poor pic of a 70’s pic of my Norton. I’m too ashamed to photograph it now :frowning:

I’m probably in Northumberland judging by the cairn (carn).

3 Likes

Oh I hadn’t missed the part about il bel ragazzo, just misunderstood (because of the pic). :smile:
BTW no wonder Maureen does not sit sidesaddle on the Katana, she’d slide away 3 seconds after you leave!

Da iawn chi!

But hey, wait a minute, I didn’t say I wouldn’t think of you as a motorbike kinda guy.
70s Honda, Belstaff, flared trousers and lime green Safari suit (uhm well…not sure about the latter but, just details) is just a whole different game, and I can see you alright in this scene. :smiley: :v:

I don’t have a picture of the Katana guy I have in mind, but I’ll make sure to post it as soon as I find it! :laughing:

1 Like

Great, John!

p.s. for some reason also my idea of a British classic bike is different…This looks like a Guzzi California! :open_mouth:

1 Like

Someone else here can plead guilty to wearing flared trousers (albeit not lime green) in the 1970s. In fact I was married in flares, wide lapels, wide tie and waistcoat; my best man was dressed similarly; almost everyone did then. :slight_smile: In fact, in my mind, I’m still dressed like that, and my imaginary waistline could still fit into the same trousers and waistcoat. Not, alas, my actual body…“mens slima in corpore porca…” or something like that. :wink:

2 Likes

Yes, around that time, Italian styling of bikes and cars was becoming popular. So, Guzzis, MVs, Laverdas etc, also BMWs were popular with those who didn’t want to go down the Japanese route.

@HuwJones
What…not seersucker?

What…not seersucker?

Well my shirt was - obviously. :laughing:
My cuban heels were a bit of a problem on the bike, though.

3 Likes