Video from May's 5 day intensive

I’m delighted to be able to share this with you all now - and huge, huge thanks to @treymccain for his superb video work - and huge congratulations to @johndray @sharonmonks and @vickygoodban for achieving such a stunning amount in just 5 days… :star: :star2: :dizzy:

9 Likes

That is very cool! Would love to be in Cymru as have a neighbour to speak Welsh with. Awesome work!

1 Like

It’s brilliant. I have been showing it to friends. They love it.

Dw i wedi mynd i drws nesa am cwpan o de.

…so it worked!

5 Likes

Loved the video - Da iawn @johndray @sharonmonks @vickygoodban! Really impressive, and thanks for sharing! :slight_smile:

1 Like

In the video I say that I have 2 aims ; to get to a level where I can go to boot camp and where I can Skype.
I am now signed up for boot camp and thanks to this amazingly supportive community I now have regular 20 - 30 min conversations in Welsh. The boost to my welsh learning from the 5 days is truly incredible. Diolch o galon.

7 Likes

Hollol awesome! :star: :star2:

So proud of you, and so proud of this community… :star: :star2:

1 Like

I think you and the others in this video are amazing! Big respect to all of you. It’s almost impossible to believe that there was only 5 days between the ‘before’ and ‘after’. (I do believe it, though!)

1 Like

Hi Sara
Thank you for your kind comments. I don’t feel like I did anything exceptional but it was a truly amazing experience due in the most part to the extremely well crafted framework constructed by Aran and SSIW that supported my learning. I have previously completed intensive immersive courses for Spanish but the SSIW 5 days is streets and streets ahead in comparison. There were difficult times but I wish that I could convey the JOY that I felt from mid-week onwards. Sending everyone on the current 5 days best wishes and hoping that they will gain as much from it as I did.

3 Likes

What Sharon said :slight_smile:

1 Like

Diolch o galon i chi ddau!

Your enthusiasm and excitement and sheer effort have been a huge part of inspiring me to keep on working in this direction… :star: :star2: :dizzy:

That is lovely to read… and it doesn’t stop there. I can only put it down to being consequence of learning to embrace the mistakes, but now I get a spark of joy when I hear a new word.

I would love to know what happened to the next set of 5DSi folk. (I’m assuming they survived.)

1 Like

Oh, yes, that’s rather a good point! They were fantastic - and aren’t regular forum goers, but I’ll ask them to pop in just to prove that they’re still alive…:wink: