Vocab isn't an issue, but I can't remember the longer sentences

Just started and I’m having a hard time remembering some of the longer sentences to repeat, for example when he asks you to say, “I ought to try to remember how to say what I want to say” I get tripped up on WHAT the sentence was; its like short-term memory loss or something. I CAN remember the vocab in Spanish just fine, but the sentences not so much.

Is this common? Maybe its the learning process? I think its because the sentences are so unusual that I’m having a hard time.

1 Like

Hola Conrad,

Although I have only just started the Spanish course, I am a veteran of the Welsh version. So I feel qualified to confirm that what you are experiencing is perfectly normal. Take it slowly, practice the sentences outside the lesson even, and you will soon have them flowing. And by doing so, get a tremendous head start over those learning the language on other more traditional courses. This method of language learning is truly revolutionary in its ability to get you speaking Spanish/Welsh/whatever faster and more naturally than any other. Trust the method, make mistakes, laugh rather than cry at your frustrations, and keep on going. I promise you from personal experience, it will work for you. You are not necessarily trying to remember the long sentences, but training your brain to be able to produce those sentences naturally and easily from the building blocks that you have learnt. It is going to be tricky to begin with, but it will come.

Keep us informed of how you’re getting on via the forum - frustrations and successes; its a great way to help others as well as yourself. You will look back that what you found hard in a few weeks time, and be amazed at how far you have come. Personally, I am on Challenge 3 now, and things are just beginning to click for me, but remember I am an experienced user of the method. Everyone is different, and some people take less or more time to start believing in themselves and the method :smile:

¡Hasta luego!

Stu

2 Likes

How’s this coming along now @Conrad?

Stu

1 Like

How do you remember the sentences to practice them? Do you pause (gasp!) and write them down?
(Really, I’d like to know this.)

Don’t worry about the longer ones - just get out anything you can, and then listen carefully to the models… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, Aran.
By the way, SSIS rocks!

1 Like

Thank you, Laurie! It’s really lovely to hear that :star: :star2: