Welsh - a new design

I can’t imagine other thing for that as that one that on old forum some threads were meant to be viewed only to those who were registered in so this is possibly the isue itself (as you never registered there if I understood you correctly).

Yah, you can quickly miss out something or point it differently and the isues occur especially if you do things from scratch, coding by yourself. :slight_smile:

Well I don’t know if you pay some kind of subscription but as far as I can know daily practices are accessable only to those who pay subscription. Only weekly practices are available for free (at least it was in my ancient era when I was still “free user”. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: (as that I’d be subscribed for such long time. - hehe)). Oh and we’re speaking of old course daily practices of course.

1 Like

And we’re very, very, extremely grateful to everyone who takes the time and trouble to help us troubleshoot this kind of stuff - it’s hugely valuable - diolch o galon! :sunny: :star2:

@aran Happy to be of service, it is nothing compared to what you have done for all of us in creating SSi. I’m so happy to have found this place- I never ever thought I’d be able to learn to speak Welsh, but I really am! (Although right now I must admit that “Wnaethoch chi enill yn hawdd” is making me cry…my tongue needs to go to the gym :wink: But I’m not worried, and I’m certainly not giving up :slight_smile: )

@tatjana Yes, it’s still the same, Course 1 weekly practices are available for free, daily require a subscription. I was thinking that when a learner reaches a certain point, he/she would likely want more than just the weekly practices. At least this is true for me…I’m just hungry for more listening practice that is material I can actually understand. And I like hearing the words/structures I’ve learned put together in ways that are both the same as, and different than, in the lessons. Radio Cymru is great, but it’s a different kind of listening practice since I can only pick out words and phrases but have no hope (yet) of real understanding. But I’m determined to get there.

1 Like

I’m admiring you and all of you the rest because of this. I’m shattered more and more each day. It’s like I’m the only one who feels this way on here though and this way something HIGHLY ANNOYINGLY special (in bad not good manner though). So keep going. Do never stop. Knowing you are fluent in Cymraeg one day, it’ll be my reward aswell something what I am not hoping (at the moment) to reach at all.

That’s the magic sauce right there… :sunny:

2 Likes

Now, I’ve found the issue which I think is good I report on here. While cruising Northern Level 1 I found at the challenges where there are listening practices incorporated there are 3 tracks but one of them is empty (no sound at all).

That one at Challenge 5 is OK on both sides, Northern and Southern but from then on it’s where this occurs.

At Challenge 10

At Challenge 15

At Challenge 20

And at Challenge 25

I presume the spaces (empty tracks) were “reserved” for southern listening practices but coded into the wrong site and showed publicly despite there’s nothing to be listening to.

Hope this helps to developers in some way. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m obviously the one on duty for finding errors - hehe

Here we go with one (or it is deliberately so) or I magically can’t fine what I’ve searched for.

On new designed website there’s no transcript and translation to the listening exercise to the levels so I had to switch to old one to find them.

Just to let you know. … :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s a good catch, diolch! :sunny:

@kinetic - we need to Trello this :sunny:

1 Like

Just realized that the site won’t automagically change. I really need to find a way to add more hours to my day so that I can spend more time here.

2 Likes

Helo

Helo?

1 Like

I think the switch has been enabled for everyone.

2 Likes

After 6 months I’ll bump up this topic.

I don’t know why I’ve got into the search of “The Story of SSiW” to read it again and found out that new design has a broken link to it. In FAQ section where it says “Why SSiW exists” the link is actually set (at least it appears so) but it leads nowhere. So, I had to switch to old layout to find it and re-read it again (as I said for unknown reason though)

I’m not sure if this seams of any importance to management but I still thought you’d want to know the missing thing on new layout (which I believe is still not available to everyone).

2 Likes

I seem to have missed this at the time. Any chance of being switched over sometime? (No hurry!)

Yes - we’ll be off mob-handed in the fairly near future - but if @kinetic happens to see this in the meantime, he could put the magic button in your profile…:wink:

somehow I missed it as well. Would like to try it out. Thanks.

1 Like

Pinging @kinetic :sunny:

Oh - magic button added :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Did you see the same request from Netmouse? :sunny:

1 Like

Ymm… do… onest wir :wink:
(Done :D)

2 Likes