Welsh Music Videos and Audio Files

Get well soon, Robert!!!

1 Like

Brysia wella, Rob, yr hen goes :thumbsup:

1 Like

Oes, brysa wella mae’n Rob bach…Candelas, Swnami, Yr Eira were all showstoppers at a packed-out Clwb Ifor Bach Friday last, Helen I believe you have the words right, have posted a video clip on www.gilydd.com, a bit rough and ready but that’s as much as a S*ms**g galaxy will do. Any times and ticket prices for the Mach. event?

1 Like

Diolch bawb. Bit of a rough day today, but I think it’s just a blip on the road to recovery. Just waiting for new medication to kick in.

Meanwhile:

2 Likes

Dymuniadau gorau am dy wella yn fuan iawn, Rob

2 Likes

Hang on in there, gyfaill. Meddwl amdanat.

1 Like

Unable to get this song out of my head from these hogia o Dyffryn Nantlle. The distinctive way they pronounce their words is great. No idea what they’re singing about…Reu is a local word in the valley with dozens of meanings - Helo, Hŵyl, Ia, Na, Cŵl, etc…it can mean whatever you want it to mean actŵli.

3 Likes

I am a big fan of Y Reu. I have a few of their songs which they have made available on Soundcloud. Their single “Haf” is my favourite, and is available on iTunes.

I’ve just uploaded this from an old edition of Nodyn back in 2011

2 Likes

The whole of this album (Rhyddid yw y Freuddwyd) is free to download from her Soundcloud page

3 Likes

If you go to the Bandcamp page for Efa Supertramp http://afiach.bandcamp.com/album/efa-supertramp-rhyddid-yw-y-freuddwyd you can find all the lyrics for the album (just hover over the title and a link should come up saying lyrics or info) the Welsh language lyrics also give an English translation, these are the lyrics for Golau Glas:

Mae pob cariad yn gamgymeriad, (Every love is a mistake)
a mae popeth ti’n neud lawr i chdi, (and everything you do, is up to you)
A mae pob plentyn yn mynd i farw (and every child is going to die)

Rhyw ddydd, fydda ni yn rhydd (some day we’ll be free)
Fydda ni yn rhydd rhyw ddydd. (we’ll be free, some day)

Dyma’r golau glas yn dod, (Here comes the blue light)
Da ni’n cael mwy o hwyl 'na da ni fod, (We’re having more fun than we should be)
Stopiwch nhw mae nhw’n dawnsio i’r curiad, (Stop them they’re dancing to the beat)
Yn gweld y gwir ac yn gwennu gormod, (They see the truth and they smile too much)
Ie dyma’r golau glas yn dod, (Here comes the blue light)
I sbwylio’n hwyl unwaith eto. (To spoil our fun again)

a ti dim byd mwy na darn o lwch, (and you’re nothing more than a piece of dust)
Yn mynd gyda’r gwynt, (Going with the wind)
Yn dilyn aur y bunt. (Following the gold of the ££ pound)

Rhyw ddydd fydd hi rhy hwyr, (Some day it will be too late)
Fydd hi rhy hwyr, rhyw ddydd (It will be too late, some day)

A dwi’n gamgymeriad mawr i’r byd, (And I’m a big mistake to this world)
Ddoith y byd i ben os da ni’n cario ymlaen, (The world will end, if we carry on)
Pwy di’r un sy’n mynd i achub ni? (Who is going to save us?)

Mae pob cariad yn gamgymeriad (Every love is a mistake)
A mae popeth ti’n neud lawr i chdi (X2) (and everything you do is down to you)

1 Like

So this is your channel?

Following. :slight_smile:

2 tracks chosen by Adam Walton on Huw Stephens’ Radio 1 show last night to represent the current Welsh music language scene:

https://soundcloud.com/y-ffug/llosgwch-y-ty-i-lawr-a

The piece with Adam Walton (and Lisa Gwilym) is at 2hrs 20 into the programme:

2 Likes

The following was on the Tafwyl website, there are couple of pleasing guitar effects in there:

1 Like

I can establish one thing here:

Just as Slovene folk music is almost all about accordeon so is Cymraig music all about guitars and singing. Am I right? :slight_smile:

Not entirely!

:smiley:

3 Likes

http://www.emusic.com/artist/georgia-ruth/13638199/ Right? :slight_smile:

Love harph sound. And yes, I forgot about this instrument entirely. Mae’n drwg da fi. :sun_with_face:

1967 was the summer of love and, Y Blew was where it was at man…Cŵl!!!

3 Likes

Hmmm … obviously as I was born in 1967 + my husband too 20 hours later! :slight_smile:

EDIT: Hilarious 1st video!!!

Sorry, but I had endless laugh. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The guitarist was even playing a Hagstrom, mega cool :smiley: