Welsh Music Videos and Audio Files

Does that mean you’re temporarily banned from posting here until someone else does??? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

You should see how often it scolds me in similar ways…:wink:

Every time I see one, half of me wants to switch it off, while the other half points and laughs.

1 Like

Traditional song in the Gwentian dialect: Bachgen Bach O Dincer

.Bachgen bach o dincer

Bachgen bach o dincer
yn crwydro’r hyd y wlad,
Cario’i dwls yn dacla,
Gwneud ei waith yn rhad,
Yn ei law roedd haearn
Ac ar ei gefn roedd bocs,
Pwt o getyn yn ei geg,
A than ei drwyn roedd locs.

Cyrfa
Potsiar a peipar a twigar owns agen,
Ddy potsiar o ddy peipar o ddy nicrbocr lein;
La di da di da di da, hoc it on ddy tshen,
Ddy potsiar o ddy peipar o ddy knickerbocker line.

Cydio yn y babell,
Y piser neu’r ystên;
Taro’r haearn yn y tân
A dal i sgwrsio’n glên;
Eistedd yn y gongol,
Un goes ar draws y llall,
Taenu’r sodor gloyw glân
I gywrain guddio’r gwall.

Holi hwn ac arall
Ple’r aeth y tincer mwyn,
Gyda’i becyn ar ei gefn,
A chetyn dan ei drwyn.
Bachgen bach o dincer
Ni welir yn y wlad;
Mae’n golled ar ei ôl
I 'neud ei waith yn rhad.

1 Like

Lisa Gwilym played one (Gwylan Tŷ Cyngor) of my bootleg remixes on Radio Cymru last night! I was doing the washing up at the time and nearly fell over with the shock. I hope the (pitiful) royalties eventually make their way to the artists whose work I’ve pinched. :blush:

5 Likes

Cool! Could you put up a link please, Robert?

1 Like

Got an entry time the shows 3 hours long. Diolch!!!

Well, as it’s Lisa Gwilym’s show it’s worth listening to all the way through, of course, but if you must, try skipping to about 56 minutes in. :wink:

This many posts, and no sign of Max Boyce? That needs fixing…

1 Like

3 short videos on Swnami’s visit to Eurosonic in Gronigen - the most important European music event for bands showcasing their music.

Edit: it’s actually spelt Groningen, thought it didn’t look right BBC!

2 Likes

Thanks for that, Cap! I love their music and hopefully they’ll have even more success.

1 Like

Huw Stephens is just about to play a couple of live tracks from it on radio 1 now

The full set (as broadcast on last night’s Lisa Gwilym show) here:

2 Likes

Bit of fun from the artist behind the electronic project Messner:

Massive event in Llundain 28/02 includes final gig of Georgia Ruth’s current tour www.ticketline.co.uk/hwyl for more…being organised by the Green Man festival people

1 Like

http://vimeo.com/101552847

On the way home this afternoon, I was listening to my new Candelas CD in the car and I was pleased to be able to pick out some words. On one track I thought I could hear some complete phrases, but they didn’t quite make sense. What I thought I heard was, “Wyt ti dalu whelk(!?) a pysgod yn y nos?”

Why, I thought, were they singing about whelks and fish in the night, why were you paying for them and why did talu mutate? Was it an idiom, like raining old women and sticks, that I hadn’t heard of? What was a fish in the night?

I put the track on repeat. By the time I was home, I’d heard it four times at least…
And then I realised what they were singing something like (I hope):

“Wyt ti dal i weld (y) cysgodion y nos?” - Are you still seeing the night shadows/shadows in the night?

The are playing at the rugby club in Machynlleth on 13th February - I’ll be able to sing-a-long Candelas :smile:

3 Likes

My daughter, Tegwen, and I started singing “Wyt ti’n dal i fwyta sglodion yn y nos?” along to this song when it first started getting plays on Radio Cymru, inspired, i think, by a mis-hearing by a member of this very forum, and now we can’t stop! I don’t think I could sing the real words without really, really concentrating!
I’m currently rather seriously ill, but the target I’ve set myself is to be well enough to make it over the mountains to Mach on the 13th.

2 Likes

I am really sorry to hear that you are unwell Rob. My thoughts with you wishing you a speedy recovery. You will make your target!

All the best,

Stu

1 Like