Welsh National Eisteddfod Llanrwst, Conwy 2019 - SSiW meet-up poll

You go in anytime unless someoneā€™s competing on the stage ( but go early incase itā€™s busy) @Deborah-SSi and all :slight_smile:

Remember Meifod well @Tricia :heart:

1 Like

Lovely setting for the Eisteddfod and I remember you teaching me all about ā€œcodiā€ Nia. Hope you have a super time this year.:hugs:

1 Like

Iā€™ll be at the Shwā€™mae Suā€™mae: Dysgu Cymraeg tent in the morning, Tuesday 6th August, if anyone wants to come and say hi.

Iā€™ll leave my UK phone number at the booth too, in case Iā€™m wandering aroundā€¦

1 Like

Sorry for being absent for so long! We must arrange an SSiW Meet-up in the food area one afternoon. But which day? Please could you answer this poll and let us know when you are likely to be available for a get together. Diolch! :smile:

When will you be at the Eisteddfod?

• Saturday afternoon
  • Sunday aftrenoon
  • Monday afternoon
  • Tuesday afternoon
  • Wednesday afternoon
  • Thursday afternoon
  • Friday afternoon

0 voters

2 Likes

Okay, Iā€™ve confirmed that I am definitely going but very nervous! I can only go on Sat and Sun this weekend as I have commitments from Monday evening back at home.

So Iā€™d appreciate some help for a first timer. I know that I will need to purchase a day ticket for Sat and Sunday. But what about the evening. Do I need to decide now and purchase tickets in advance? Or can I just decide when I get there and can see more of what it is all about? Is there a programme I can buy when I get there that explains things? Unfortunately I canā€™t afford Ā£30 for Y Tylwyth (which sounds amazing and given my name on here I probably ought to see - LOL!).

I really want to make the most of my two days but could do with some advice.

I have to add as well that I canā€™t that SSiW enough for this. Iā€™m received one of the Jeremy Vine scholarships and it is thanks to that that I am even able to attend as a kind lady has offered free accomodation.

2 Likes

Day ticketā€™s will let you stay through the evening, but youā€™d need another ticket to attend the special evening events in the Pavilion - You can buy tickets at the entrance but I seem to remember hearing though that those for the Pavilion evnents had sold out weeks ago, altough probably worth checking just in case. There is a full programme for the whole week that costs Ā£10 (itā€™s an inch & a half thick!) but thereā€™ll probably be a summary version available as well and maybe an ap (there was one last year in Cardiff). I think theyā€™ll be showing Y Tylwyth on S4C so hopefully youā€™ll be able to catch it that way at least! :slightly_smiling_face:
When you arrive the best thing is to follow the signs to ā€œShwā€™mae Suā€™mae: Learn Welshā€ which is the ā€˜homeā€™ for learners throughout the week and super friendly!:slightly_smiling_face:
PS Just seen there are links here to the map of the Maes and a pocket programme: https://eisteddfod.wales/the-maes
PPS Congratulations on receiving on of the JV scholarships! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Donā€™t worryā€¦youā€™ll be fine. (Says me who is stewarding for the first time and is worry sick about copingā€¦
Watch Y Tylwyth on Friday night on S4C.
Ticket at the gate.
Iā€™ll be there Saturday from about 12 some friends are getting their exam certificates presented at 1pm. Iā€™m also volunteering in Swmae Sumae on Sunday morning if you want to come for a chat.
I have a spare ticket for the Cymanfa Ganu for Sunday night if you would like it. (I think its communal hymn singing(?)

I think weā€™re going for Tuesday this year (Traceā€™s bā€™day on Thursday) and itā€™s neck and neck at the moā€™.

Snap. Look out for me. Iā€™m the one with the more modest beard - stubble, in fact, compared with some. :laughing:

Iā€™ll recognise you from your staring T.V. appearances. (That isnā€™t a typo. :laughing:)

2 Likes

Iā€™m bringing my family, 3 kids between 6 and 10. Any suggestions of a good day to go/ what to do? (Iā€™m the only one who speaks any welsh.)

1 Like

Iā€™m there every afternoon, but either volunteering from 3pm or until 3pm, except on the Thursday when Iā€™m volunteering from noon until 6.

A3 Map_2019_WEB-1.pdf (367.1 KB)
map maes Eisteddfod Llanrwst

I will only mention 2 things ( because thereā€™s too much choice!)

Visit The National Library tent , and if youā€™re there on Saturday or Sunday 3 & 4, go and say hello to Owen, my brother whoā€™ll be working there. Eisteddfod Genedlaethol 2019 Rhaglen Digwyddiadau | Events Programme by llgc9 - Issuu

Andā€¦come to Pabell Cymdeithas Yr Iaith Thursday morning to listen to this

1 Like

Thanks. Iā€™ve set they sky box to record Y Tylwyth on Friday, but live theatre is one of my favourite things in the whole world, hence the dilemma.

Good to know that Iā€™ll be able to buy day tickets on the gate.

Oh yes, and if you want to try and tackle the mazeā€¦

.https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/dihangfan-escape-room-tickets-66201575695

1 Like

I think all the tickets for Tylwyth has sold out @ElenTylwythTeg

Look at my suggestion aboveā€¦you need to book for the maze at the National Library @clare-s-simmons. When are you there?